1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

She came, walked into my heart and conquered it !!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by riturajmnnit, Oct 24, 2012.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The recommended tyre pressure for Linea is 33 for front/30 for rear on the 15 inch versions and 36 for the front and 33 for the rear in the 16 inch versions.

1-2 PSI less the recommended pressure gives you the best ride quality and a little lesser road noise as well.

Turbo is very much there, the kick is more linear in the 2012 versions which makes the drive more pleasant, but no turbo kicks. The VGT starts spooling around 1600 rpm and gives nice thrust around 2000-2200 rpm.
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Another doubt guys (I know they will keep coming for a while).

The Door sills that we have with Linea, are they just for front doors (I got them complimentary) but none on rear doors :(
  3. AFAIK, the OEM Door sills is only for the front door.
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    ^^ Yes. The door sills come only for the front doors. The illuminated sill plates are available for Linea/Punto similar to Tjet. But the illuminated part of the door sill will read as "FIAT".

Please refer to my ownership thread, a nice to have accessory.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Congrats for your Linea.
    Waiting for the story behind dropping Sunny:)
  6. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Ohh I did missed out on that, we were supposed to take TD of Sunny next evening. And as I said before Linea was no where in picture (Blame FIAT for no market presence).
    But Once I explore Linea, there was nothing much left to be desired.

My friend has sunny petrol and I always hated the ACC console (looks like a portable CD player to me )

So Sunny was left far behind by the features and classy feel of LINEA :)
  7. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    And btw i loved your signature line ;)
    "I still test drive other cars so that I will come more close to Fiat after each TD"
  8. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Hi guys,

I have covered 500+ kms in last 1 week :)
    Let me tell you first that I am a newbie when it comes to driving (learning with time).

What i have noticed is gear down shift to 2nd gear is not very smooth .... is it normal ?
  9. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    ^^^^^

Any help on above issue guys ?
  10. vanandwiz

vanandwiz Amatore

Chennai
    Agree with the tyre pressure for city drives... or when you might not touch speeds beyond 80...

But for highway drives, Bridgestone site recommends increasing the pressure by 5 psi (0.3 kgf/cm2) than the recommended inflation pressure.

Bridgestone India Private Limited

I have seen this work in practice. Most of my drive was on highway. Initially I was maintaining the recommended pressure; after 30000 kms I found that the shoulders of the tyre were worn out but the center portion of the tyre still had good-life. And driving with such tyres were difficult.
    Then I changed to new tyres and also came across this tip and followed it.... after 20000 Kms the tyres had even-graining and I assume that I will get much better tyre life.

Not to say, the torque, cornering and braking was only improved.... only downside is the slight increase in noise and bad roads are not filtered-off.
    So the choice is yours....:cool: