1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

She came, walked into my heart and conquered it !!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by riturajmnnit, Oct 24, 2012.

1. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    linea 8.jpg

Hi folks,

You all have been through this feeling, which I am having right now - First Car :)

It all started with my sister joining me in Bangalore, we thought a hatch should be perfect and so Etios Liva was on our mind (being the new kid in the block).
    Some how financial liabilities (bought a house) deferred our plan, which was re-ignited 6 months back with me getting a promotion :)

Now focus shifted to a Sedan but budget was still a constraint (as didnt wanted to go for Loan), Dzire was first choice (as I was yet to learn driving). We were floored by that car (interior) and booked it in may 2012, and their started the ordeal. 4 Months was gone and there was no sign of Dzire, I was dusted, fed up and thought of giving up my plan and one fine day spotted a Rapid and thought why not increase my budget and go for this.

So in this hunt Cars Shortlisted:

1> Etios Liva (Dropped immedietly)
    2> Swift Dzire (Booked and cancelled after 5 months)
    3> Skoda Rapid (Loved the power but my sisters were pretty upset with interior so dumped)
    4> Nissan Sunny (Wait for the reason for missing it out)

And one fine day, I took my bicycle (yes bicycle for a joy ride) and spotted a FIAT showroom, parked my bicycle to find this big-eyed beauty :) Yes she is, she was and she will be. She was staring at me and I was staring at her (something pulled me towards her), she gently offered me a walk-through and mannnnn that day itself I was sold out - Forget Rapid, forget Sunny - forget everything. None can match the features that this lady has :)

Called my Jiju and informed him, she has won me and he was like "ARE you MAD (Many of us must have heard this phrase)" and yes I was and I am mad.
    Their started googling and using company contact to find the owners. Somebody guided me to this forum and I read and read (the more time I spent with this forum, the more she was positioning herself in my heart).

I remember after we went for TD of Linea, we chased one owner on road and made him stop :)

Finally took my sisters for a TD, and they too were floored :)
    Now the bargaining, luckily there was a group buy thread going on and we formed a group of 3 (though 2 materialsed and got the best deal from KHT motors).
    Booked :)

And finally after 25 days of wait, she is here and I already have taken her out for a nice spin :)

Linea 1.jpg

More will come with days to go ....

Leaving you all with the welcome pic :

Linea 5.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
    10 people like this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Beautiful writeup Rituraj. Really enjoyed it.
    Oh yeh. My hearty Congratulations on owning the Linea. :)
    1 person likes this.
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Congratulations,happy motoring.
    Nice write up,wish you many thousand happy miles with your car
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Welcome back Bala :D. Long time no see?

Sorry to hijack your thread Rituraj.
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Ya Ramjin,thanks for remembering and thanks for your enquiries.
    Have not been keeping well!,but my car is keeping well(touchwood)
    1 person likes this.
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hope you are alright now and will be seen from now on.

This is good one. :)
  7. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Thanks Ramjn :)

I am sure with people like you and other experts in this forum, this addiction will further boost and the journey will be long and beautiful :)
  8. oncemoredieselpower

oncemoredieselpower Novizio

Bangalore
    Congratulations Rituraj!!
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Congrats, Rituraj!
    Well written first post. You have translated all your heart into letters! Yes, this forum has a really intoxicating effect on those who would like to consider a FIAT at least in their distant dreams. That's what brings us to this forum almost everyday, multiple times.
    Congrats again, and wish you thosands of happy miles!
    1 person likes this.
  10. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

welcome to TFI....
    1 person likes this.