1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Shark Fin antenna

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by ananth, Aug 1, 2011.

1. ananth

ananth

Bangalore
    Hello All,
    Has anyone installed a shark-fin antenna on Linea in India ? I can see places where they sell it online but do not know if anyone have done it. I will be getting my Linea next week & one thing I hate is the obstruction on its curves. A shark-fin would really highlight its true curves.

-Ananth
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    You mean the kind found in BMW's?

Like the one in the pic. Would be a great thing if we can get one. Paint it in body color and it will look real chic.

2006-bmw-5-series-5-series-shark-fin-radio-antenna.jpg
  3. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    The accessories shops in Hyderabad have this. This was one of the option I had under consideration when I got a show antenna fixed on the roof at the rear.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @ N Kiran

So it is the show antenna. I was debating with Pandit Auto that one of my group member did that then why dont you guys do.

I was asking them to fix the antenna of my 90HP to rear
  5. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    @ Kedar : Hahahaha ...... so my intention did work. People think that its a genuine antenna. But the antenna that I have is an interior one at the rear view mirror. So got a chance to fix the show antenna at the read. One of the main advantages of going for a basic version.

But in your case the antenna comes factory fitted, so it might not be possible to fix the antenna at the rear.
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Exactly the reason why I dropped the shark fin antenna from my last back in September 2010 when I had started a thread on the removal procedure for punto's antenna.

Moreover, even if a functional shark fin antenna exists, you can't fix it towards the front end of the roof of Punto.

A functional shark fin antenna can only be added to the rear.
  7. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    I have one on my punto::D

Goes will with the curvy design:cool:

DSC00388.JPG

DSC00303.JPG

DSC00304.JPG

DSC00387.JPG
    bharath likes this.
  8. ananth

ananth

Bangalore
  9. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
  10. Prajay Madhavan

Prajay Madhavan Timido

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Folks,
    Today I installed this Shark Fin Antenna on my Linea. It looks great, but not too sure of the FM reception quality.
    I bought it from AliExpress in china and the guy shipped it for free. Took about 25 days to reach here.
    Posting a picture...
    LineaAntenna.png

upload_2015-5-27_18-6-25.png
    pabhishek and bharath like this.