1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Share your openion and experience on punto emotion pack

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Soumya, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Soumya

Soumya

Kolkota
    Hi friends,

Need your help.. Actually want to buy a hatch back car. Little bit confuse, whether to buy a punto emotion pack or hyundai i20. Personally, little bit impressed with Fiat Punto Emotion pack with Tuscan Wine colour. But want to know the real experience from the car owners (their views). Pls help..
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    There are lots of ownership report on Punto (viewforum.php?f=48) which will help you.
    If you have any specific question/concerns, you can ask.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Soumya,
    I was in exactly the same dilemma. i20 was offering more features and gadgets on paper but when I researched a bit more, I found that Punto has equal/more features as compared to i20(most are hidden from brochure and sales manager and just discover new features daily). But, when I tested both i20 and Punto, Punto scored in the following:

- Seats are more comfortable. i20 has harder seats. I found them better to sit on initially but later on I realized that they are a bit too hard.

- Better AC. i20 has failed the Indian summer test and Hyundai owners themselves report poor AC performance. Punto has rear AC vents as well, a fact unknown to most.

- Ride and Handling of Punto is much better. Punto's hydraulic power steering is much better on highways and at high speeds.

- Better looks all around. i20 does not look too good from rear.(subjective).

i20 has some pros as well:
    - Better music system with both AUX-in and USB.
    - Gear shifts are butter smooth. You just need to think and it will go in that direction.
    - Interiors are of much better quality. Again design of dashboard is not as good as Punto though(subjective).
    - After sales service of Hyundai.
  4. kulsandy

kulsandy

Pune
    I just (2 days back) got my 1.2 Emotion - Tuscan Wine colour..really feeling gr8 with the feature this car is having. :redcar ::T
  5. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I need not talk of the Blue&Me. It is a thing to be heard, not talked of. There are videos on YouTube showing how it works.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Go for TD not once, but many times with different dealers. Try out various features, and then, decide. I wish you all the best.
  7. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

Hi Soumya,
    I was also having same confusion, should I go for I20 or Punto. I was like flattered with the interiors of I20 and almost made my mind to go for it but after a test drive it became clear that I20 no where comes closer to Punto in terms of Driving and Handling. Also, I20's AC is of no use (thts my opinion), even after driving it for almost 20 mins cabin was not even at comfortable temperature. The Passenger on back seat was sweating. Arishi a.k.a Arvind can tell you more because he was in back seat :devilface .
    After TD Arvind suggested me if you want to buy I20 also buy a dozen of towels coz it is must for back seat passengers :evilsmile .
    Now I had to choose between Cool interiors or cool cabin and handling. And no surprise I went with Punto and I am pretty happy with my GP. In three months of my ownership I have already clocked 6K kms on it.
    Believe me Punto is anytime better than I20.
  8. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The best thing about i20 is that it comes with peace of mind.
    Other than that, Punto scores equal/more in everything except interior quality.