1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Share your number plate design/font

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by deepakmittal, Oct 18, 2010.

1. deepakmittal

deepakmittal

Noida
    Hi All,

Getting a good/unique number is one thing but showing off that number is another.I am looking for a number plate design for my BNW 1.3 Epack.
    Pls share anything and everything related to this.
    Moreover do we have any websites in India which allow us to custom design our Number plate?
    I welcome each and every comment.

Hope this is not already discussed in any other thread.

Regards,
    Deepak
  2. arulvr

arulvr Amatore

Bangalore
    Talk about number plate and designer bulbs across number plates. I had to visualize a NASTY car (Blue - Chevy Beat) at south end circle - Bangalore at a signal stop. It has glowing number plates and blue lights all over the place (bottom included). The thing that offended me was the caption at this rear screen "Its my money and my car car, WTF itching you"

It was written as it is...and I couldn't react a bit. God save these poor souls ! Glad he didn't had the money to buy a Ferrari...can't imagine !

Btw, my number plate is available at the TFI sticker section and choose the simplest of the fonts and the simplest of the design. That's how I want my car to be...
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is my favourite Font. Simple yet Stylish.
    Also, Chandigarh market is flooded with number plates that have chrome outline to the alphabets and digits on the number plate and the ones that have 3D letters. I don't think they look great. (personal opinion only)

Untitled.jpg
  4. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I am against all these fancy plates. Please no offends to those payed a hefty sum for the unique numbers, which can be written like BOSS / DADA...
    Also for using regional languages. There are guidelines for the font and presentation of number plates in Motor Vehicles Act, they (MVD) can charge if it differs.
    I used simple legal font.

--Rajeev
  5. Am not against people spending huge sums to buy fancy numbers since it's their own money ::D but against using non-legal fonts and other lettering on number plates since it defeats the whole point of having number plate which is to uniquely identify a car. sorry if i offended anyone here.
  6. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Since the PUNTO and LINEA doesnt come with the holes to get the number plats, i never bothered to drill my bumper for the plate...

I simply got a white radium sticker with Black numbers which looks neat..
    No plat rusting issues nor any vibrating noise of the number plates and the best is u dont make a hole on your bumper...
  7. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    I plan to install high security regd. plate(HSRP) in my punto, accordingly i told my dealer but he says that we don't provide the same,
    Then i called up Shimnit Utsch ( german maker of no. plates ) & i was shocked to hear that in Maharashtra it is not allowed to put HSRP , the police charges u fine for the same, THEY TREAT IT AS A DUPLICATE ?
    The same police doesn't fines for any non-standard fonts on the no. plates !!!
    iVE NO OPTION BUT TO GO FOR THAT LOUSY ACRYLIC REGD. PLATES.
    Atul
  8. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Well Atul if u go by rules there are so many things which are not approved but still u find them on the Indian cars... Its abt your choice here... U want it get them installed come what may....
  9. jiji

jiji Amatore

Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India, India
    Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Here s my number plate design the font used is transformers...:p

[attachment=0:2smzzuac]_MG_0004.JPG[/attachment:2smzzuac]

_MG_0004.JPG
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    ^^ Why number plate is left aligned on bumper?