1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Share User Reviews on Punto Evo 1.2 Petrol

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by Diganta Malakar, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Diganta Malakar

Diganta Malakar Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Hello All,

A very less has been written and shared on the 1.2 petrol Punto Evo.

Please share your views and reviews on the same, irrespective of Variant - Active, Dynamic, Emotion.

Thanks,

Diganta
  2. Kaushal Singh

Kaushal Singh Timido

Faridabad Haryana
    Linea 1.3
    We have a 1.2 Evo dynamic. Primarily my wife uses it for short commutes. I've a Linea Multi-jet as my daily drive. Below are some of my take no it:

- Has shorter gearing therefore keeps up with the traffic. But starts running out of steam after 70 Kmph. At 4k Kms it feels like the engine still needs to open up.
    - The handling is a different story though. I've changed the tyres to Yoko Earth 1 (on plati alloys), and it's an absolute bliss. I usually accelerate in many places (S curves, Unmanned barricades etc.) where I would have applied breaks in any other car from this segment. It absolutely feels like its on rails. Only if it had more power. Planning to trade it for abarth as soon as I have enough dough to buy one.
    - 5 * breaking. Literally stops in a dime and ABS is never missed. Also like Linea holds the line without suspension diving or breaking the tail out and feeling nervous.
    prabhjot and varunrtr like this.
  3. Diganta Malakar

Diganta Malakar Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Hi Kaushal,

Thank you for your quick review !

Just wondering if the 1.2 fire is really so bad !!
  4. puntophile

puntophile Amatore

Indirapuram NCR
    Not bad at all! I own one for the last 4 years.....and with its share of minor niggles, it is a good car. No regrets!
    Diganta Malakar likes this.
  5. Diganta Malakar

Diganta Malakar Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.2
    How do you find its drivability in both city traffic as well in highways ? so many reviews mentioned the engines to be running out of steam after a while !!!
  6. Kaushal Singh

Kaushal Singh Timido

Faridabad Haryana
    Linea 1.3
    No it's not bad, though you need to accept that its 68 Bhp so won't set any track on fire. For me I rate ride, handling and safety over outright 0-100 numbers.

It works quite decent in the city traffic. I haven't done any highways so can't comment. The NVH levels are great, so is the ride, breaking and handling. Also let me tell you "poor gearbox" is a myth. It's far better than most of Mahindra and what Tata used to offer.

Just out of curiosity are you looking to buy one?

Sharing pics of my 2 beauties. :)

IMG_20151019_101905907.jpg

IMG_20151019_101936995_HDR.jpg
  7. Diganta Malakar

Diganta Malakar Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Hi Kaushal,

Thanks for those inputs. Yes, I am looking to buy one and as a matter of fact, have already booked Dynamic in Exotica red :)

I was just curious to understand the feedback from all existing users :)
  8. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Diganta Malakar. In case you have plan for highway trips please take the Emotion variant with 1.4 Fire if you want petrol only. Else please look @ MJD 75 HP or 90 HP. And please do not skip on safety features. They are always the difference between life and death in case of accident.

1.2 Fire is good enough in the city with good driveability but compare it with Swift and i10 Grand and it is nothing home to write about.

I would suggest you to stretch your budget and go for the Emotion variant of either petrol or diesel. I would have recomended you the 1.2 Fire if it came in Emotion variant. Besides I guess you would be keeping the car for 5+ years and hence would request you to reconsider your decision. You can put lot of cosmetic bells and whistles to the car after wards but alas you can retofit safety features.
  9. Diganta Malakar

Diganta Malakar Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.2
    @Kaushal Singh, yours' 2 Italino beauty looks great !! Did you upgrade the wheels on the Evo
  10. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Kaushal Singh : Bro, I stumbled upon your above pic showing your Punto rear with those flags. I also bought one from Sikkim this year. Just wanted to know how have you applied them on the rear? Have you used a cello tape?