1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Shaking steer wheel...NEED HELP

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Karan Sharma, Dec 20, 2010.

1. @ redtux....not at all...i was driving this beauty @ 40 km/h and so far have not even exceeded 100...I have checked the tyres and they are fine....due to a tight schedule @ work i was not able to visit the workshop...however i have booked the servicing for this coming saturday. Hope the problem gets rectified.

Also guys can anyone help me with the modifications for GP Punto...My Budget is Rs 10,000 for now as i have spended all my savings on this car. Since its brand new i have not done anything till now.

-- I am planning for new seat covers (which make, colour will suit Bossa Nova White) ?
    -- Audio upgrade- basically speakers...those 20 watts speakers are like ****. Which brand should i go for and how much would it cost me ?
    -- Where can i get those door protective sils in new delhi...any suggestions ?

Regards
    Karan Sharma
  2. rk76

rk76 Timido

Pune
    Hey Karan,
    If you are looking for Speakers upgrade then please check the Direct Stroke 90's thread. Here is the link viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1405
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Check this thread - viewtopic.php?f=39&t=196
    Check out ICE section - viewforum.php?f=13

But in 10K, both might be difficult to get. Extend your budget a bit.
  4. shakesin

shakesin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I had a flat tyre while in waynad last weekend, as it was Christmas i couldn't find a good puncture shop so got it fixed by a road side guy and add to that he didn't have the tubeless kit, so he took the whole tyre out and placed a patch underneath, since then my steering wheel vibrates after i touch 100Kmph.
    Shake
  5. amolmane

amolmane Guest

Then remove that patch & repair the tyre with Tubeless Kit & try it .

Have you driven the car with Flat Tyre for long ? If yes your rim might be bent,So there are vibrations.
  6. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    shakesin have you done wheel balancing after the tyre was removed.
    Wheel balancing is to be done everytime tyre is removed
  7. shakesin

shakesin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    @amol, i saw it while it was parked so never drove flat.
    @vijay, i guess that's the solution, but i just got balancing/alignment done a 1000km back.
    Thanks
    Shake