1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Shaking steer wheel...NEED HELP

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Karan Sharma, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Hi,

I am a new member of TFI and also a new owner of GP 1.3 MJD Emotion. I took the delivery last week and today i noticed a problem with my steering.....it starts shaking when i reach 100 or 110. Also it is not aligned properly as when the car is straight the steering wheel is bended to left a bit....When i take my steering wheel to the middle the car slights towards right....as far as i know i think it is a Wheel Alignment Problem....Guys i also dont have much knowledge of PDI....Please help me so that i can take my car to the workshop and get everything checked as it should have been at the time of delivery....I would request you to please give me step by step instructions that needs to be checked (if possible :) ).....

Thanks and regards
    Karan
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Since you already got the car, forget about PDI now.
    For steering shake, go to A.S.S and ask them the problem. If you know any good wheel alignment center near your area, can get it corrected at that place also. But my suggestion would be to go TASC and get it corrected there.
  3. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    This is a wheel alignment problem.

Also as a precaution check for any bend in the alloy rims.
  4. Thank you guys for your response....however my brother is also planning to buy this car...Just wanted to alert him about the PDI procedure so that he should not face the same problem....If you can provide me with the PDI steps

Any help would be highly appreciated. :)
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  6. amolmane

amolmane Guest

If wheels are shaking its Bad Wheel Balancing

If pulling one side then Bad alignment.

Go to MRF Shoppee. TATA guys are not for perfect in balancing & alignment.
  7. Its could be an issue with wheel Balancing and not wheel alignment.
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Clevermax,

Yes I agree it is a clear case of wheel balancing issue. Vibrations in steering occur due to balancing problems only. Wheel alignment only results in left or right pulling issues.

Abdul
  9. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Yep. Wheel balancing issue. Did I write wheel alignment somewhere? :hit :confused
  10. redtux

redtux

Trivandrum
    He he Yes, you did ::V .

But why would a new car develop wobble? Did the dealers change the tyres or something?

Karan, did you hit any potholes hard after delivery so as to cause the tyre imbalance? (In my part of the country we are lucky if he can hit the road :A )

EDIT: Welcome to TFI Karan