1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Shadowfax..The king of all horses 30,000 KMs Review

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Shadowfax, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

It all started when a need for a new car was felt in the family.

I work in US day time shifts (Indian Nights) and the maruti car/Van/Bus/Tum-Tum (Versa) that we own was already being used by my brother. The research started at the end of December 2010.

I was looking for a diesel hatchback.

Following cars were on the list then

I 20 (few friends had brought it recently)

Swift (I see many of them on road)

Ritz (again brought by 1 friend in recent past)

Ford Figo (drifted towards this via adverts on TV)

Beat (Again carried towards this via adverts on TV)

Spark (what was pulling my attention towards this was 3 years warranty scheme)

Fabia (it had very neat and comfortable interiors)

What I expected from a car
    I would be driving this car to my office every day and I generally don’t like to be late (so it should be trustworthy)

The car would be used by my parents once in a week at least (the ride has to be comfortable)

Has to give me an affordable mileage

I was also looking for something that will give a tough fight to most of the cars on road, I am not a rash driver I actually prefer driving at a constant speed (60/70) but I do not entertain other drivers overtaking me unnecessarily or challenging me on roads. (Occasionally I would be heavy footed and the car has to deliver)
    This indirectly also led to another point the car has to have a strong body and needs to be very safe in case of mishaps

And now the most important point
    :dancing:dancing:dancing:dancing:
    MY CAR SHOULD GET SECOND LOOKS FROM ALL THE GOOD LOOKING GIRLS

:dancing:dancing:dancing:dancing:

SELECTION PROCESS

I did not go to any showrooms or test drives in the initial phase and just noticed

Fabia:- The car looks decent enough with great interiors but somehow it failed to win my heart. Again i have heard back then that parts of scoda were very costly.

I 20:- Since few friends of mine already have the diesel version of this car. I took the liberty of taking small test drives from them.
    I found that this car looks fine (from some angles) drives fine as well however what bugged me whenever I was inside this car were the blue lights everywhere. I personally found this to be comparable to a rickshaw waala modifying the interiors of his car with lots and lots of blue leds

Swift: - I have driven the diesel version of this car and found it to be quite average.
    But whenever I am inside a swift there is always too many things happening (rattles and rattles)
    I did not find this car looking good from any angles and there are just too many curves everywhere

Figo, Beat & Spark were again rejected due to either due to underperformance or below average interiors as per my taste

Ritz: - decent car
    But may carry the rattles of Maruti and the car is just unnecessarily tall which means that this could be a problem in curves and can also affect the handling and braking

When I was considering buying a Punto almost every one stood against my decision
    I was told things that would have scared any potential car buyer to not buy the car.
    To be frank I now think I have taken a very good decision by getting a Punto 90 HP.

Once the selection process of car was over even though i was very adamant that i want to buy punto 90 HP there were many brain washing discussions that happened with friends that deviated me from my decision.

Finally on FEB 2011 went to galaxy motors Mulund, Mumbai and booked punto 90 HP.

TOTAl OTR price :- 7,10,000 (Navi Mumbai Regn.)

Accessories:-

5 Mats
    4 Mud flaps
    2 Door sill plates
    & yes a perfume dabba

Date of delivery was promised to 11 th March 2011. Waited for approximately a weeks time to get the VIN number.

Finally after 1 week of getting the VIN number i was informed that the car is waiting for my PDI at a warehouse in the outskirts of mumbai.

Used the official TFI Excel sheet to do the PDI and finally approved the car after 3 hours of scanning her in and out.

It is not an easy Process but in the end of the day worth it.

To be contd...... (depending on the responses received)
    6 people like this.
  2. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai
    Way to go ShadowFax!!!! Would love to read about any issues that you might have found with the PDI and your communication regarding this with Galaxy and Fiat..
  3. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)
    Nice synopsis of all hatch backs...
  4. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    I thought there would be lots of twists and turns. But your story is pretty straight forward. Anyways, 30 K in Punto and still smiling proves lots of people wrong. Awaiting some interesting story ahead
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Walking down the memory lane !! :)

Great start.

Carry on from this great start. Sometimes, you would enjoy walking down the meory lane reminiscing all minute details you went through during your ownership of your beloved car, sometimes it may be a monologue. But trust me it's one of the most satisfying experience talking about one's beloved car. You can check my ownership thread for that :)
    2 people like this.
  6. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    Great to see another happy owner! And the credit goes to Fiat but off-course! Nicely done shadowfax!!

Will love to hear more about your buying experiance as well as driving experiance.
    I think you recently did one long drive till south corridor please tell us more about it.

Have a Happy & safe motoring!!
  7. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    90 HP ::T
    1 person likes this.
  8. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Thanks for the replies all. I will upload more details soon.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  9. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    Hey congrats Shadowfax !!!! so 30,000 kms already wow !!!! hows the car holding up?? we need a review mate!!!! :cool: have fun!!!
  10. sandy.chegi

sandy.chegi Novizio

Bangalore
    Nice way to get started Bro. It's like the new TV serial. Show tings in small Ads and make it interesting. :cool:

Response from our team members is as expected. No second thoughts on that. So time for you to pen down your memory, experiences. :)