1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Severe vibration in Car due to AC

Discussion in 'Technical' started by moondra, May 11, 2016.

1. moondra

moondra Timido

Bangalore
    Hello Folks,

I own a Punto MJD Emotion, 2013 edition

Car has done 30K+

Clutch had issues after 25K and got replaced. I am using all FIAT recommended fluids only.

For last 2 months, I am observing very severe vibration in car. This happens when following 2 conditions are true:
    1. AC is running (any mode - auto/manual)
    2. RPM<1000. Mostly when in bumper to bumper traffic, irrespective of gear (neutral/1st/2nd)

This is not happening all the time but it is very frequent. If I turn the AC off, the vibration goes away instantly. Also, with AC on, the vibration goes away after a minute but comes again after some time.

I visited FIAT service station (Jay-Vijay Fiat, Pune) and asked them if there is any issue with compressor. SA told fiat compressor are one of best in world and has never been complained of! He suspected issue with air filter. Nonetheless, the air filter was replaced but issue still persist. I doubt going to service station again for the reason that I am not sure if FIAT really has any good service station left in Pune after Pandit Auto gone!

Please help with your valuable input/suggestions
  2. rajks

rajks Amatore

Bangalore
    I have seen relation between Battery health and AC Vibration, if the battery is too weak the load on Alternator/Engine increases and it can have impact especially at lower RPM.
    PradeepM likes this.
  3. sagarkohli01

sagarkohli01 Timido

noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have faced this issue, SA changed engine mount now it's working fine
    PradeepM and rajks like this.
  4. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @moondra, I found the below thread close to 2 years old, where similar issue was reported and it was fixed by replacing the radiator fan. Check with the service center on the same.
    http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/new-issue-in-my-linea-ac-fuel-indicator.13019/page-2

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  5. moondra

moondra Timido

Bangalore
    Thanks Raj, Sagar & Pradeep, will check on all the points you mentioned.
  6. ljubomir.milosav

ljubomir.milosav Timido

Macedonia
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have the same problem change the radiator cooling fan motor the fan have no balans

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk
    PradeepM likes this.