1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Service outside the authorised center.

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Iru, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Iru

Iru

Mumbai.
    Hey everyone.

Sep 2013 I bought a used Fiat Linea, in very very good condition. The car had done 26k kms in its 4 yrs with the first owner and completed its 3rd service with the Authorised service center just before it was handed over.

my running is very low, and I've just about managed to do approx 750km in the past 10 months.
    This was my first monsoon with the car, and quite frankly with any car ever. Feeling guilty about the fact that I had taken no precaution or done nothing for the car to ready it for the rains, I decided to just get the car cleaned up by the local Shell Petrol pump service center, mainly cause I wanted everything under the bonnet to be clean.

They suggested that I get my wheel alignment/balancing checked since it was the rainy season and also get the engine tuned up. I was hesitant but agreed to servicing plus tuning plus wheel balancing/alignment.

ever since my car has come back, it hasn't felt the same. It's noisy, the clutch goes down with a lot of friction and the engines is constantly screaming. I feel like I'm sitting in an old cab. Everysecond that I can hear the engine my heart burns, and every time I hit the clutch I feel guilty as my foot feels it's scraping the clutch pedal along the car body as it goes down.
    im really saddened that my perfectly sound car has come back feeling like an old piece of junk.

do you guys suggest I send it back to an Authorised service center and get her checked again ?

need suggestions, thanks!

Iru.
  2. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi there.

1.What exactly they did wen they said engine tuning.

2. For servicing, did they use the recommended oils and filters?

3. Petrol pump service station ? Did they really have the expertise to do this engine tuning they r mentioning?
  3. Iru

Iru

Mumbai.
    I had specifically asked them not to service, even though I was paying for it, all I wanted was a thorough clean up of the engine and surroundings + underbody of the car.
    Car tuning I was told would remove all the Carbon deposits and in return give better fuel economy.
    this was the Shell petrol pump on Linking Road, Bandra west. Mumbai.
  4. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ok..u havent driven much really in ur 10 months but thats fine.

1. Oil and air filters need to be checked.

2. Engine oil used by the previous owner could b checked.

3. Does car start easily in the morning at the very first ignition?

looks like u need to get it chkd at fass. Dont tell them this shell encounter. They might act big .
  5. Iru

Iru

Mumbai.
    Hmm, I had the oil refilled recently cause the quantity was not upto mark, but did not have the filters changed.
    but I guess I should just take it to the nearest FAAS and have them check the problem I'm experiencing.

thanks for the help.

Iru.