1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Service on one Lakh KM

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by anillalpk, Feb 12, 2013.

1. anillalpk

anillalpk

Bangalore
    Hi All,

I own a Fiat Multijet 1.3 SDX and driven nearly one Lakh KMs in 4 years and wanted to do a over all check up of the vehicle. Given to a service center in Bangalore.
    I dont have much of an internal knowledge about the cars. I am looking for suggestions on the items that needs to be careful while giving for checkup.
    Couple of queries I have is

1) What are the options I need to be careful with the engine and over-all ?
    2) Should I re-map the ECU ?
    3) Do I need to do a dry run on the engine ? [ The engineer says on fiat its not recommended ...]
    4) Should I do a compression testing ? [ The service guy says it will cost 7K + Labour just for checking.. is that true ? ]
    5) How to check with the turbo performance ?
    6) How about the gear system.

Its my first car and do not want to give it up.
    I do maintain a regular 7500 Km service till now and the over all performance of the car till day is great.

--Anil
    2 people like this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Hi Anil,

I believe yours is the Stile 1.3 SDX. The key thing in this car is - TAKE IT TO AN EXPERT WHO KNOWS THE PALIO. Only today i saw a Palio Stile's wiring butchered completely because the previous mechanic didn't know what he was doing.

Did you get the timing chain changed at a previous date? As for others- get the suspension checked, wheel bearings, steering ball joints, any oil leaks, coolant flush, brake pad + rotor check etc etc.

Nope. Not needed.

What is a dry run?

Not needed. Waste of time and money. If your engine is low on compression, you will know it without any test.

You will be the only judge on it's performance. How is it driving? Does the engine feel as powerful as it used to? If yes, forget about the turbo and keep enjoying.

New gear oil - thicker the better. I put 140 weight gear oil in the Palio D.

Cheers.
    2 people like this.