1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Service interval change for FIAT vehicles in south

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by RNR, Sep 2, 2014.

1. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    yesterday completed my fourth paid service at Fiat hyson at 43725 km's. i am attaching the service bill . Kindly let me know your feedback on it.

Total amount was 12328.

the next service due is at 53725 km's ( 10000 service interval) or 1 year. Please see the attached service reminder on my car.

IMG_20140930_094618.jpg

IMG_20140930_094534.jpg

IMG_20140930_092642.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 30, 2014 ---
    so it's kind of now official (service interval is now reduced to 10000 km's from 15000 km's).
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  2. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    The one service check under issue type should be zero as it is free camp from FIAT I guess,

I got a similar kind of bill, when I went for free checkup.
  3. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Why is the service check Amount 3089? I don't see any other additional work.

Lock and Actuator - EW - So no labor should be charged.
    Looks like they already charged Rs 650 for Brake pads change (High labor :eek:).
    Engine guard levelling - Rs 400.
    For the regular service - Labor should be around Rs 1650. Where did Rs 3089 come from? :yuck:

And as far as i know, there is no official notice from FIAT that Service should be done every 10000 Kms. The SC's seem to be doing whatever they want. I would ask them to show me the notice from FIAT if they give me all this BS.
  4. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    my engine shield was bent very bad and it was causing huge noise on the run, they have corrected it and gave me a 10% discount since it was checked and corrected on a service camp.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 30, 2014 ---
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I would take this workshop mistake with a pinch of salt. Either the service advisor is not aware of the Fiat's service interval or must be a typo error. If not then bring it to Fiat India's notice immediately so that this malpractice can be stopped.

If it was official, it would be on there website, FB page, at the workshop. Since its not, then I would say its unofficial and illegal too. Fiat has been banking on longer service intervals as an USP for their product's sale, why would they jeopardise it?
    asimpleson and prabhjot like this.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    ^Agree with Girish, esp. and particularly when the 60k service is something people don't necessarily feel good about looking at the bills that come along with it. :) ;)
  7. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    i asked the sa the reason for the changes.

the reasons he quoted.

in kerala climate is hot

kerala pumps use bs3 where north india uses bs 4 -( not sure what he meant)
    prabhjot likes this.