1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Service interval change for FIAT vehicles in south

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by RNR, Sep 2, 2014.

1. RNR

RNR Timido

Hi All,

I was communicated that the service intervals for Fiat vehicles in south has been reduced to 10K kms or 6 Months . Has any other members got such communication ? What could be the rationale behind such decision ?

Br,
    Prasobh
  2. rajks

rajks Amatore

Bangalore
    Prabosh, did you get this communication through FASS or from Fiat Customer Service?
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sometime back also this kind of news was floated, and found to be untrue. I think it was from RDC Motors, Chennai.
    Don't go by some Service Adviser,s words. If he/she can show you any communication from FIat, let us also know.

Having said that, changing engine oil at 10K kms, is a good idea.
    BoseSuman likes this.
  4. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Communicated by who and how ? I don't see why vehicles in south should have a different service interval from those in north, east and west.

The communication is wrong.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Hmm. How does a vehicle's geography changes its service interval ?

The service interval is there in the owner handbook & unless FIAL contacts you, the handbook's interval stands.

It might be that the service centre is trying to get some extra money at your cost.
  6. RNR

RNR Timido

This was communicated by SA FASS( Hyson Fiat, Kochi, Kerala). They have mentioned the same on the bill(next service due date)

I googled and found this link..

http://www.myfiatworld.in/showthrea...ce-Schedule-for-MJD-s-of-Fiat-Linea-and-Punto

I have written to service[dot]india[at]fiat[dot]com to officially confirm the same. Let us see any reply comes !
  7. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Ok, please share the response you get from FIAT. That will clear the confusion.
    Could you post Hyson's bill where the date is mentioned? Date should be 1 year from current service.
  8. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Sir Service Interval Change just for the MJD or Tjet also :confused:
  9. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
  10. RNR

RNR Timido

Guys,
    Sorry for the delay. Was busy with Onam holidays.

Before going for vacation I took my vehicle to Hyson for a checkup. I asked SA to show the communication from FIAT regarding service interval change. He said no official communication , but it is a recommendation from FIAT.

If MJD has 35K service interval in europe and FIAT in India recommends 15K( harsh conditions already factored in !!) the communication from FASS seems to be for making some quick money.

Bill with next service due date attached. It is 6 months.

Anyway thanks all for clearing my doubts. I will be giving it for service in next March, but would be changing engine oil after crossing 10K

IMG_20140913_100442.jpg