1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Service Coupon Expired- Linea

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Shreyas Ravetkar, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Shreyas Ravetkar

Shreyas Ravetkar Timido

Pune
    Linea 1.4
    Dear TF Members,

I got my Linea serviced from a 3rd party Mechanic ( Usually who services my Polo and i20),
    My Dashboard shows a message Service coupon expired all the time which is quite irritating, Want to get rid of that message, Does anyone have an experience getting rid of that message.
    Thanks in advance
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    rajks likes this.
  3. Shreyas Ravetkar

Shreyas Ravetkar Timido

Pune
    Linea 1.4
  4. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No! But why third party? Pandit Auto is doing a good job in Pune and many customers are happy with the quality of their work. Also all the work that is carried out at authorised service station has a six month warranty to it.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. Shreyas Ravetkar

Shreyas Ravetkar Timido

Pune
    Linea 1.4
    The reason for 3rd party is the experience we have with that mechanic, He tunes the car very well + my dad gets his car serviced from there.
    Pandit auto is no doubt good, but you know sometimes the emotions attached with the person who does good for you work.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I think Examiner charges are applicable and also allowed by Fiat to be charged to customers. Perhaps Rs. 300/- for the same. I hope what Amogh mentions is right and they don't charge you. But they are authorized/authenticated to for examiner charges which shows in their DMS. :confused:

They have charged twice for Linea in the past year.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 17, 2014 ---
    There will be times when Third party mechanic will not be able to help, unless he has an authentic Examiner Smart scanner. Besides for issues such as EGR service or Turbo related issues a trained Fiat personnel is anyday better. Sorry don't mean to underrate your known mechanic in anyway.

Today, tomorrow and day after for example there is a Winter Service Camp and a nice opportunity to get you car checked for preventive maintenance. :)
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Shreyas,

Only Fiat workshop will be able to reset the service coupon warning on the MID, you will have to visit Fiat workshop to do so.

I guess you are aware tht you stand to lose the warranty on the car if the scheduled checks are done from outside and not from Fiat workshop. Its mentioned in the service manual, refer to page no 138.

prabhjot likes this.