1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Sensors for Punto EVO - before PDI

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by rejin_r, Oct 9, 2014.

1. rejin_r

rejin_r Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I have ordered my Punto Evo Dynamic, which is getting delivered in few days time.
    Now i have got a call from the dealer that it has reached the showroom in Calicut(Kerala, 90Kms from my place). I had requested for fitting the RP Sensors on the car, and it was told that the sensors will be fitted and painted(rs.4800 for sensor and fitting, free painting).

Now they are asking me to confirm on installation on Sensors, they will be completing the PDI and installing the sensors and the car will be driven by road to showroom near my place(kannur).

I am presently in Chennai and not in a position to go to native and inspect the Car.

From other threads on this forum, i was thinking that the dealer will be calling me for the PDI and after my inspection only they will be registering it in my name. If i allow them to place the sensors now, definitely i dont have any option to reject the car in any case. Please advice.

Also i am confused on whether to install after market reverse parking camera or stick to the fiat approved reverse parking sensors. The car will be driven by my mom and myself, both have very less experience in driving :)
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @rejin_r Do you have VIN from dealer, so that you can check if it is new or not. Even if you can't do PDI, ask dealer to take a pic of ODO and send to you, you can verify 'H' and KMs already run.
    With these 2, you can go ahead and get sensor installed.

But if you get any doubt, tell them to hold sensor fitting, that can be done after delivery also. Once they install, you are right, you can't reject.
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I would suggest you to personally inspect the car before you authorize for registration. You dont want to end up regretting later coz once the car goes for registration you will have to own it. As Ravi said, get the VIN no and cross check the manufacturing details on the forum. Double check the VIN in person on the vehicle before registration. Since you are away, request the Fiat dealer to keep on hold till you arrive for inspection.

Regarding the rear parking sensors, it can be done during delivery too or whenever you do the complete PDI (before delivery). It is btter to stick to Fiat approved sensors, do get the warranty for the same.
  4. rejin_r

rejin_r Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    thanks Ravi.

i have asked for the VIN number an hour ago. I am yet to get update on it, i will request for pic of ODO.
    I will ask him, if he can do the sensor fitting after the delivery.

Is 4800 a good price for sensor? i can see on fiat website that the price of spare is rs.4,017 here
  5. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Rs 4017 is excluding labour charge, so this part you can always negotiate :).
  6. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Don't get carried away with the price of sensor as it doesn't even cost 1% of the cost of car.

Take out some time and inspect it personally before get it out of showroom otherwise you will end up regretting whole life of car with you for issue it has (if any).

Sensors can be fixed anytime later.

Sorry for harsh words but I think personal inspection is a necessary thing one should do before registering.
  7. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @rejin_r
    If you are not available for PDI then ask anyone of your friend or family member to have a PDI. They can easily send you pix of the car which can be trusted :).
    During the PDI you can easily connect with them on phone.

For RS fitting the dealer can do on the day of the delivery & that will take an hour so.
  8. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    PDI is a must. If you can't do PDI, get your friend or relative to do it.
    Get the VIN of the car and verify that it is new.
    AFAIK, RP sensors from FIAT (that came with the absolute kit) was about 1400₹ only. Please check this. They may be charging way too extra.
    It's always better to go with FIAT authorized RPS.
  9. rejin_r

rejin_r Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Thanks a lot for the input guys....

I have asked the dealer to give the VIN, before proceeding. He has told it will take few hours to get the car sorted out, as the stock has just arrived today morning.

surprises.
    1) ODO pic - he told that the car, after unloading from the vehicle will be driven to calicut showroom(6km) and from there to our place (100km), so the total km will be around 100km when delivered to me. He told that if i dont want to have that reflected, they will disconnect the ODO cable while bringing(which they normally do).

Which means checking the ODO may not be a direct indication of the distance covered by the car before getting it delivered to the user.

2) Sensor fitting cannot be done at my place: as the service center near my place is not equipped with fitting of the accessories, and all this has to be carried out at Calicut service center itself. That was a shock for me.. :eek:

I have told the dealer to first send the VIN, and we will decide on how to proceed after that. I am not hurrying into things :)
  10. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Strange, though disconnecting ODO might be possible, but dealer openly saying they do it normally, is shocking. To prevent this kind of cheating Fiat has provided this option of 'H' on ODO. You should complain to Fiat.
    Do put your review/rating about dealer here - http://www.teamfiat.com/reviews/fiat-dealer-service/Fiat-dealers/.
    This sensor can be put after few months also, you can drive yourself after sometime, leave it for now, if they insist.
    prabhjot likes this.