1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Sensing the break pedal shiver/shake on humps

Discussion in 'Technical' started by sageeshr, Oct 22, 2014.

1. sageeshr

sageeshr Amatore

Bangalore
    Sarjapur Road
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I drive a Punto 90HP Sports which is about 7 months old and 14000KMs driven.I have been sensing the break pedal shaking/shivering on humps.It is noted in a specific scenario that if it is a little late to apply the breaks when a hump noticed unexpectedly.If the foot is on action and it forcing the pedal at the moment car ramps over the hump,I feel the pedal is shaking.

Anyone here faced anything as such? Is this a problem? Or a normal behaviour since ABS is present?
    Moreover the first service is due in other 1000KM,is it OK if I wait till then to show it to service center? Please advice.

Regards,
    Sageesh R
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Looks to me ABS might be kicking-in, in that case, it is normal behavior to have pulsating feel on brakes.
    Yes, after 1000 KMs, when you got for next servicing, show it once. But my guess is this should not be any issue.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @sageeshr

Its normal behaviour when the ABS kicks when if the brakes are applied instantly. If during normal running the brake pedal vibrates, then its a cause of concern and you will have to approach Fiat workshop to get it checked.
  4. sageeshr

sageeshr Amatore

Bangalore
    Sarjapur Road
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks for swift responses. It is really a relief to hear that is expected with ABS. As far as noticed,it happens only during such instances. However considering these opinions let me observe it till the service and check with them onsite. I will keep you guys posted on status. Thanks a lot guys and TeamFiat.
  5. sageeshr

sageeshr Amatore

Bangalore
    Sarjapur Road
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks guys for great opinions! I have got it checked in recent periodical service and found it to be normal with ABS.
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    sageesh,
    thanks for confirmation and update in the thread.
    I also felt some thing unusual when I felt ABS kick in for the first time. Then I observed it on every day at the same place!