1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Semi SLR or entry level DSLR?

Discussion in 'Photography' started by onlymakarand, May 25, 2012.

1. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I will suggest to go for DSLR in the range of 35K u can go for Canon EOS 550 D.....it has auto mode....u can start with that graudally using the manual setting.......DSLR are fast..have good picture quality etc........no need to buy lens initially......18-55 standard lens is sufficient for daily use......
  2. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Shooting indoors could be tricky, irrespective of the kind of lens being used. One needs to be correct with the exposure. For indoor/low-light work a tripod is imperative. A prosumer/point-and-shoot camera is the worst tool for indoor/low-light work.
    I am not aware of Nikon D9000. Did you mean D7000? If one is not able to get the pics right with a D3100, he for sure can't get it right with a D90 or a D300 either.
  3. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    U are right rituraj...if one cant get picyures right with D3100 then once cannot get it right with D90....it is the case with all DSLR....I have Canon 550D and it gives oerfect pictures in low light.....one has to learn how to handle DSLR gradually one improves when u use it.....when u know what will be the settings.......
  4. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

Pune
    I got EOS 550D in Diwali last year. Its a good piece to start with. Canon arranges a workshop for its DSLR customers. There they give you an insight into using the DSLR. I learned a lot from that. The more you experiment with it , the more you learn.
    -Srijit
  5. PranavOne

PranavOne Amatore

Chennai
    Go for Cannon instead of Nikon
  6. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Any particular reasons for that?
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Cannon SX 210 IS.
    Lithium Battery(Ofcourse now a days all have) :- One full time charge gives 260-300 clicks. ;)
    HD Recording.HDMI Out,14X Zoom ,14 Megapixel and more features
    Especially very handy and compact.

Purchased in saudu arabia in 2010 1450 SAR = near about 18K INR,the same in india was 22K INR.
  8. kartikail

kartikail

Mumbai
    @ M A N U Canons are the best and easy to use as well, for a beginner and for a start you are correct not spending too much cash for the body, so as an option you can try to look for a second hand camera with less clicks, check out the buy and sell section of the jjmehta forum, you will get a lot of locals selling their stuff for less I guess.
    And for some online lesson you can check out the website of a UK based photographer named Karl Taylor, he does have some nice beginner’s lessons and some more.
    Happy clicking mate
    Last edited: May 25, 2012
    2 people like this.
  9. Loki

Loki

D-SLR's are undoubtedly way better than even the best prosumer / superzoom cameras. But the question one needs to ask oneself is:

1. Are you prepared to lug around a heavy camera with its own backpack all the time ? I know friends who bought a D-SLR just for the heck of it and now have bought compact cameras because they realised that was what they needed in the first place!!

2. Why do you need a camera ? If you would take a lot of Shots in low light conditions / are enthusiastic about sports/ wildlife photography, then only a D-SLR will fit the bill. For normal usage, an ordinary digital camera would suffice 95% of the time...
  10. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ya for normal usage one should go for nromal point and shoot...now a days u get 30x optical zoom....if u really like photography and are enthusiastic about it then one should go for DSLR or one can have point and shoot which is easy to carry for normal day to day clicks and DSLR for outdoors,etc....

Generally people have 2 cameras : point and shoot or a mobile and a DSLR....
    1 person likes this.