1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Semi-Old School ... Silver Surfer

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by praful, Oct 22, 2012.

1. praful

praful

Bangalore
    I'm sure quite a few folks would have been misled by the 'Old School' title, well I'm not that old but my ride certainly is almost there

I have the previous generation of Fiat's to be sold, the Palio. Its a pre-worshipped car that I have with me for almost 3 years now. I've put in about 20K on the odo in these last three years. The car is usually used for highway mile munching, but recent spiraling fuel prices and horrendously overpriced spares means that I've not been driving around too much.

To be really honest my passion for Fiat started very late and till the time I took my first drive on one about 4 years back I was pretty much a 'jap crap' lover :D (No offence meant, still love the Japs too) It started off with a close friend of mine getting a used Palio, led me suggesting my folks to pick up a Punto and finally when the time came for me to buy a set of 4 wheels I went the Fiat way too. And from the looks of it, the red hawt Punto 90Hp has been enticing me for quite some time now, not sure when but its definitely looks like its going to be my next upgrade!

I'm basically a biker, but the passion for cars came at a much younger age. But the ability to buy a bike came first, so I have a first generation Pulsar 220 Fi, its done about 90K kms and I've seen a "few" corners of our very beautiful country on it.

Been an automotive nut ever since I can remember, and will remain one much to the dismay of loved ones :D

Here's a few pictures of my rides

IMG_4782.jpg

IMG_4869.jpg

IMG_4339.jpg

IMG_9369.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
    8 people like this.
  2. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Praful, Welcome to TFI

Your palio looks very good, especially the first pic.
    Wishing you plenty of miles on your FIAT
    1 person likes this.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    It looks way better than the cars which we have in market. Looks at the beauty. Welcome to the forum.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    praful - Nice to see you here too. Looking forward to a lot of awesome photography.
  5. Your both ride looks hawt!!!90k in a bike is a lot of riding..where all you went in your 220??
    1 person likes this.
  6. praful

praful

Bangalore
    Thank for the warm welcome :)

It sure does look good, but my bank account isn't going to be looking good when I put up the Palio for sale in a few months from now :D :D

Hi Linear, do I know you from another forum? Just asking since I don't recognise your handle of this forum :)

Thank you :)

Bike has basically done a LOT of KA, TN and KL. And bits of MH, GA and AP. Also a substantial bit of JK & HP as well :)
  7. Was your rides solo??Btw,please share your travel experience in the travel experience section...
  8. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    Dumb of me - I'm Guru on GH. Tried to take on the same handle here, but it was gone.

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

Dumb of me - I'm Guru on GH. Tried to take on the same handle here, but it was gone.
  9. praful

praful

Bangalore
    Hey Arnab, some were solo some were with some small groups and a few were with almost 80 other bikes :D

Its too much of an exercise to move older travelogues from other forums, but I will definitely try and share any of the travelogues that I will write :)

Hello buddy :) I recognize you now! Good to see you here too :)
    1 person likes this.
  10. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Welcome biker boy:D