1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Selling the Punto 2011 registered car

Discussion in 'TFI Classifieds' started by visumurthy, Oct 15, 2014.

1. visumurthy

visumurthy Timido

Hi ,

I got my punto checked by Harish from Pride Cars . He confirmed to me that technically there seems to be no major issue on Clutch and
    worked to perform some improvements through some alternate methods which were not successful . But he has really improved the acceleration side . The car seems to move swiftly from the word Go . The steering hardness was attributed to the Goodyear tyres .

As I was discussing with my friends , We realized that FIAT uses a deep clutch and that is causing the major pain in the city conditions .
    To shift the gears in bumper to bumper traffic requires frequent gear shifts and a pain to perform with the deep clutch . In a slow moving traffic if the vehicle neds to be driven in Half clutch , then your left leg needs to take all the car load adding pain at the knee and requires effortful driving ..

Now two of problems are fixed ( Pickup and Steering { Not bothering too much } ) ..

Can somebody throw some light on the Clutch issues are suggestions ..

Thanks
    Viswanath
  2. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    @Visu:
    Good that Pick up and Steering has improved.
    There is something called Clutch Bleeding which needs to be done to ease out clutch usage.
    Regarding GoodYear tyres. They are harder and tyre noise will be evident.
    But, steering feedback should give much confidence.

Clutch major parts - Plate & Master/Slave Cylinder. These must be changed as complete set.
    Probably FASS guys have not serviced it properly.
    Have the Master/Slave Cylinder & Flywheel/Pressure Plate/Release Bearing set checked from Pride.
    Also, have him check the gear box and lubricate for easiness.
    Accept the fact that Fiat Punto clutch is hard & deep. Only solution is to adjust to the situation and find some apt solace.

Other suggestion is:
    Punto pedals are little high compared to the seating position.
    Put 1 inch cushion or pillow on the current seat and find the best position.
    Your Arms if stretched straight should naturally be lined on the steering wheel edge at 12 'o' clock position.

This helps in using your legs better and viewing angle.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I will blame the dealers also along with buyers and FIAT service for the lower resale. The dealers are indeed after their commissions; I will appeal to all TFIans to never budge and give into dealer tactics while making sale. Unless it is a distress situation for oneself and making a sale is the only option. Actually, best to sell it directly via on-line listings.

@visumurthy, if what you experience is exceptional please try and meet some fellow TFIans and take actual opinion about how they feel driving your car in traffic after a test drive. Selling for clutch issues is not wise, even financially. Unless you will buy an automatic later.
  4. visumurthy

visumurthy Timido

Hi ,

Great suggestion . I stay in Bangalore and I request that one of our friend test drive my car and let me know the feedback .
    It would help ..

Thanks in advance for your help ..

You can reach me on visu.murthy@gmail.com
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Or there is the option of joining for next Bangalore meet. You could have multiple opinions then. Just keep a watch on next TFI meet (or mini meet)
    rejin_r likes this.