1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Selling the Punto 2011 registered car

Discussion in 'TFI Classifieds' started by visumurthy, Oct 15, 2014.

1. visumurthy

visumurthy Timido

Hi ,

I am planning to sell my 2011 registered Red colour Emotion Pack Petrol 1.4 .

I am extremely disappointed to hear the price quoted for this .

Can anybody tell me what is the realistic price for the car ?

The car has ran 18k KM

Thanks
    Viswanath
  2. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    2011 and you have done only 18K :eek: for a car like Punto?

First of all, please quote the price you are expecting and the price that was quoted.

Generally petrol cars have a lower resale value, it might change in the future though owing to the decreasing differences in the fuel prices.

Secondly, being a FIAT, these cars generally have a lower resale value.
    mchanna likes this.
  3. rejin_r

rejin_r Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
  4. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    @vishwanath:
    Please provide the reason why you are selling such a low mileage car.
    Also, low resale of Punto/Linea is because of used market dealers cutting the margin.
    Dont budge. Put them on similar lines of Swift/Ritz.
    Indian Blue Book site quotes around 3.5L to 3.9L. On average should quote around 4.25L and close the middle path number.

Just for comparison:
    Swift/Ritz of 2011 model is quoted around 4.5-5L.
  5. rejin_r

rejin_r Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    are you really comparing with the petrol variant?
  6. visumurthy

visumurthy Timido

Hi ,
    Thanks for comments and suggestions . I am getting the quotes around 2.5 L .
    Reasons for selling the car are plenty and I regret the decision I made 3 years back .

I am from B'lore and with the the clutch action it has , it is nightmare to drive the car in Bumper to Bumper traffic and I feel the car is much suited for long drives and may be for European conditions .

The clutch got replaced already twice by KHT in B'lore with no improvement in experience .
  7. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Strange. 3 sets of clutches in 18000 kms.!!!. Must be some other issue.

Abdul
    krismask likes this.
  8. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yes!! @jumu is right, this can't be happening. Either the issue is not at all detected or guys are unable to resolve it fully.

Get this done from some other garage who are pro in handling good car like Fiat and let see what next.
  9. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    @visu:
    Step 1:
    Please take it to Pride Cars in BSK 2nd Stage and discuss with Harish. Get it examined fully.
    9945112233. Check the driveability and other aspects so that all your doubts are cleared off.

Step 2:
    If found any issues, get that validated and fixed by Pride or FASS.

Step 3:
    To improve drive ability, get the remapped done by Race Dynamics or Petes for Petrol Engine.

These options are better than selling at such low price and waiting for it.
    Exploit the car with full force rather than giving up. Punto is long lasting car.
    Experience it empirically.

3 set of clutch replaced meaning the usage of clutch is not good. Probably, check the usage or the driving style of clutch.
    Get that corrected. If I were you, would have explored of above options.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 16, 2014 ---
    @Visu:
    Below is the thread on Linea Fire 1.4 engine got remapped by Kirius.
    http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/new-2013-t-jet-vs-remapped-1-4-fire-linea-emotion.10004/page-6
    Also, if any issues with Mechanicals like alignment/castor/camber/clutch etc you also get it checked with Hariprasad Motors which is reputed in Basavanagudi/Chamrajpet area.

Checkout all the options before putting your beloved car for sale.
    Hope we are not confusing you.
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  10. reggaerahul

reggaerahul Novizio

Pune, Maharashtra
    I was in search for a used 1.4 Emo pack and the prices I am seeing here in Pune for 2 2010 cars I found were in the range of 3.3-3.8 which I think were reasonable for a car that has such equipment level. Given that Pune prices are bit lesser than Bangalore and its 2011 model, I think you can patiently wait and get a good price. I would suggest you get down and get the issues sorted, its painful but a next genuine Fiat buyer would appreciate it. If you go to the dealers then they'd tell you ridiculous quote.