1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Sell S10 & buy Punto 90 or keep S10 and buy Dynamic/Emotion????

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by MelsonLewis, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Hi Guys, yea it's me after a long time.

Now, few Bangalore guys know what condition my S10 is at. All stock things in place plus I have replaced all the necessary parts like belts bushes, discs, mobil 1 oil, etc etc and my car has done only 37K kms now. No other S10 in the country can be as good as mine with so less mileage(37k kms) all monograms, logos in place, paint quality good still good, seats still are like brand new, etc etc . It's superb.

The biggest confusion is whether I sell the S10 and go for Punto 90 or keep the S10 and go for a dynamic or emotion. It's getting me all mad guys. GTX owners can feel what I am talking about, over that it's not just GTX it's an S10.

I will be happy with 90hp but tomorrow if I want my S10 back I will never get it if I sell it. I know that for sure. At the same time I have to also consider that if I have to use somebody's parking space to keep the S10 once I buy the punto I might have to pay 500 to 800 bucks a month, plus the car is already 2003 registered so going forward expenses will arise like suspension change, fuel pump change, throttle body change etc.(Known problems in GTX)

Plus, my gf doesn't know to drive so I have to keep using both the cars, I had that pain when I bought the S10 cause I had my Palio 1.2 too at the same time for like 6 months.

The way S10 has served me, specially when I am in a hurry or during long drives etc is wow, yes, braking is bad but I feel it's manageable once you know to control with gears. It accelerates so nice, I am sure it will be a small wonder with K&N and may be FFE, although city mileage is 8 and highway is 13 to 14, whenever I look at that car, I can't imagine someone taking it away from me. Damn, it's so confusing even when I write this, I need a smoke right now :mad:.

I need a diesel car for sure due to increased fuel prices and I want to travel frequently to my hometown near Mangalore (Karkala) and most of the weekends I keep doing these small drives frequestly like Mysore, Hassan etc etc.

What do I do guys? What do you think. Brand new 90 horses or stick to 75 and keep the S10 so that I can get mileage when I drive my Punto and may be a saturday or sunday in a week I can take S10 for a spin just for fun.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Hey melson - my suggestion is to keep the car as well. It's one of those rarest hatch. Even the 90hp wouldn't satisfy you, so keep it with you.

If you're selling it consider myself in the queue as the first one.

Why this kolaveri on Fiat
  4. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    melson, keep the car do not sell it. you can wait for some time, save money and go for 90hp
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Your definition of fun will experience a thorough change once you drive the Punto. So the weekend fun trips with the Palio might become redundant. Go for the 90.

That said, sell the s10 only if you get a real good deal. It'll be sad to see a nice Palio go for a pittance.

Cheers.
  6. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Same dilema , we also have now , Sell the maruti Zen ( nov 2004) for buying fiat punto 1.4 fire , buy my dad not ready to sell this car , reason is our Zen is in top condition , odometer shows only 26,000 km ( in 7years) , and we does not get resale value which my dad to be want ( fiat, maruti guys offer only 1,10,000 ) which is too less for good maintained car , plus in whole 7 year , our car never gives any problem ( recently just one tyre punture, in 7year just ine punture is not at all bad)(we still have bridgestone OEM tube tyres)
    so, we pushed buying new car for next 6 month , to enjoy our last 6 troublefree months with this car)
    plus my dad scared , that now new cars comes with more problems etc. , where our Zen going good..
    But i convieced my dad to buy punto (facelifted) in march -may..:)
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Of course, it was in immaculate condition.
    One can see here -
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/teamfiat-...011-reports-page-19-onwards-22.html#post40094

Now practically you should sell it, Punto 90 should suffice all your needs. But there is no match for S90, so you will miss it sometimes.
    Since, resale value would be not much, if you can arrange some cheaper parking, keep it, otherwise let it go.
  8. I have put my add on Classifields here and on Tbhp. I have decided to sell my car. Let somebody have it who can maintain it well.
  9. Don't sell it man, I am using both my 1.9 and the 90 interchangeably. Drive the s10 in city and the punto on the highways, problem solved ..
  10. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Melson,

Words fall short to express the attachment towards S10.

I recommend do not sell it and also do not go for Punto. You are saying you want to go for Diesel car to reduce the Fuel Expenses. Just think you would be spending anywhere between 5 - 7 Lakhs depending on the variant, Even at the bank interest rate you can take care of fuel expenses for the S10.

I upgraded from Palio 1.2 to TJet +. Two things I keep cribbing about is the exceptional steering feedback and the rear bench space in my Palio. There are many number of features in TJet+ :)

Having said that, For sure, you will not be able to find/buy S10 if you sell it. Punto you can buy anytime

Take care of S10, it will take care of you

Just my two cents

Best Regards
    Vasu
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012