1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Self service is the best service :D

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by PatchyBoy, Sep 14, 2013.

1. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    But i am not trying to clean the entire circuit. I have cleaned only the container which is not fitted to my car.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Aren't you going to fit it in the car? Or are you planning on just keeping it as spare?

Rajan
  3. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yeah of course but not immediately. I will fit this in the car and clean the existing one too as it also has some oil coating and keep that as spare. Just now something struck my mind. why cant i do another DIY to replace the existing coolant container with the clean one? I think i need some heat sealant and some more coolant. Hope the owner of the fiat service center is not reading this ;)
    2 people like this.
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    The coolant flush bolt is somewhere behind the right bottom of the radiator.you'll need a lift and probably have to remove the skid plate for easy access.

Why do you need the sealant?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    As stated above coolant flush bolt is in bottom right corner and bleeder hole is on top left corner and there is no need to remove skid plate or to lift the car. IF you have long hands you can access it from open hood itself or remove left front tyre liner and acess the bolt.
  6. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    If I remember correctly earlier in tata SC the guys cleaned the system by disconnecting the return line in the container and constantly topping with the flush.

I need the sealant to have leak proof system where the hoses are connected to the container.

Sent from my Micromax A50 using Tapatalk 2
  7. Scorpioman

Scorpioman Novizio

India
    Hi PatchBoy, I need to get my air filter cleaned and have been following the steps you mentioned. I have removed all the 4 bolts but the 3 clips next to the fender are holding down the cover. Have not been able to remove them and scared to pull too hard in case they break. Any help on how to release the clips would be appreciated.

Thanks.
  8. amolraut

amolraut Timido

Mumbai
    Buddy isn't that serious ? Oil in coolant

Flushing and cleaning is understood
    But mixing of oil & coolant is serious issue
    Detail link is not opening that you posted
    Did any Seal/gasket of engine found damage ?
  9. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @amolraut I hope u missed my post about the oil cooler leak. Don't remember where it is but will post once i found that link