1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Self service is the best service :D

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by PatchyBoy, Sep 14, 2013.

1. I have used ABRO products, I can certainly vouch for the quality at affordable prices.
  2. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    I am in for my second service in about 1.5k km, please suggest me the ABRO gear oil additive to add?
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    I think selenia k pure energy (pe) is also called just selenia k and as far as I remember our cars have fully synthetic oil giving life of 10-15K. Refer https://www.pli-petronas.com/products/am_selenia.aspx
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The Indian Selenias are semi synth Viny. Only Europe gets the Fully synth PE versions.
  5. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    What's the difference between Delvac 1 and this? This seems to be the same thing and packaged particularly per FIAT specs... and is fully synthetic. What has Delvac 1 over this?
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Just go for the Delvac 1. Who knows if any quality compromises were done or not when labelling any oil as a OEM oil.
    1 person likes this.
  7. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    True. However, it's bad of FIAT to not offer this MGDO oil to its customers. It's at least fully synthetic! Why are they offering Selenia mineral oil, god knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Selenia can very well be termed Fully synthetic oil if Petronas want to, its highly refined group III synthetic oil same as Shell Helix Ultra and many others brands synthetic oils (Castrol Edge Titanium or ant Total, etc)
    Technically oil can be termed FS only if its base is pure PAO Group IV oil but in US and many other countries Group III oils are also called Fully Synthetic and not semi synthetic and as always India has no laws on it, Its upto maker of oil to advertise what it want to.

Delvac 1 is true Group IV oil.

@ l13mjd Fiat won't provide that oil because its Maruti Genuine Diesel Oil and its not Group IV too, Selenia is same as that oil and at a lower price point tried and tested by lacs of users in cars with MJD's worldwide.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Well, it seems FIAT struck a decent compromise between cost and quality by offering Selenia. Vijay your post was minefield of info.

Another thing, gear oil used stock is 75W80, whereas Mobil is 80W90. Is this thicker viscosity or thinner, and how does this viscosity make a difference in practical terms in our engines?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  10. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

I picked up couple cans of Tutela Gearbox oil from Fiat ASS. Turns out it is GL4 full synthetic, 510rs per liter! Perhaps shifting to Mobil 1 might have been a step backward.

Rrfrn0f.jpg

5mUwtXI.jpg

T14Hsbh.jpg
    amolraut likes this.