1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Self service is the best service :D

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by PatchyBoy, Sep 14, 2013.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Wow Rajan, very nice write up there. Kudos to your energy and willingness to do :clap
    Its definitely an inspiration who just enjoys doing some thing. One fine day ill do it if not for the vital organs sake but atleast for the fun in doing so. To hell with the Warranty then ;)
    Just finished 4 hours straight in painting + varnishing all tyres, i know the kinda of fun one shall have :)
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Rajan has taken a very calculated risk. I hope you too will consider all the scenarios carefully before attempting to void your warranty :D
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I have just sent this email to service.india@fiat.com

Hello,

At the outset, let me congratulate you for building such an awesome car. I own a 2010 T-Jet, which I bought new in August 2012. It was lying in the dealer’s stockyard unsold for a good 2 years, before I picked her up. Every time I get behind the wheels, I cannot help but smile. Thank you.

Having said that – your service network leaves a lot to be desired. I live in Bangalore and there are 3 authorized service centres in this city. All of them do really shoddy work and the quality of service is hardly anything that you have explained in your website. As a matter of fact I chose to go against all odds and do the second service of my car (15000 km service) myself. Details are posted here –

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/do-yourself/10643-self-service-best-service-d.html#post193792

There is also an explanation as to why I chose to take such a drastic step of foregoing my warranty. We FIAT owners love our cars and desire nothing but the best for our cars. I sincerely request you to please do something about the quality of service being offered, as not all FIAT owners are as courageous and as adventurous as I am.

Please help us have a more joyful ownership experience.

PS: also posted the same on FIAT Facebook page.
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
    Raaz, C_S, sathishgv and 10 others like this.
  4. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    PatchyBoy, you are just too inspiring a figure! I am also itching to get my car serviced own my own. There will so much learning involved and so much control to let you maintain and fine tune your beast. Alas, only if I had a parking space and exclusivity like you :)

BTW, I just recently "tried" to fix the rust on my car with an anti-rust solution. Nothing to go gaga about but I am pleased with the results :)
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Glad you did that Rajan, I ll share a stinker of an email that I sent to Fiat before I bought the 90HP, while I write my ownership thread.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks for the kind words Sam. Do tell us about the anti-rust treatment you did. Will surely help folks like us, who like to take care of our cars, ourselves. For everyone else, there are multitude of service providers with plenty of options.

Thanks,

Rajan
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Rajan, do share your personal experience with the 3 Bangalore FASS in question in an appropriate thread(s). Our dealer review threads will surely benefit from that.

Cheers.
    2 people like this.
  8. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    I guess you had to remove the Skid plate to change the Gear oil??? From the image it does look like the plate was removed, didn't think you mentioned that anywhere.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Sharp eyes there buddy. Yes I did indeed remove the skid plate. I also removed the plastic shield on top of the engine as well. Then I realised that it need not be removed and had a tough time putting the skid plate back. Omitted that, as it is not necessary :D.

Rajan
  10. RKK

RKK Amatore

Mumbai
    Thanks Patchy boy for excellent DYI with pictures.