1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Sedan under 7 Lakhs ? Suggestions pls

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Heartlin Sunderji, Oct 21, 2013.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Whether Dezire (New) is a sedan or not is definitely debatable. But, it is better looking than other competitors (Etios, Amaze, Verito, etc) IMO. Ford Fiesta is also very good option if available for less than 7L.

I couldn't imagine a Linea with a engine for entry level hatches. Surprising to see that Linea Classic is appealing even to the enthusiasts. :D
  2. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    This should clear your mind and lock it on linea based on the below features (there are many if you go through the brocher).

Comfort
    --------
    rear Ac vents
    Vanity mirror co-driver
    rear armrest
    body colored orvm
    rain sensing wiper (only in this segment)
    seat belt warning (very important)
    250mm longer - means real sedan
    50mm wider - means more comfort
    1 person likes this.
  3. Fayad

Fayad Amatore

Tvm
    Other than the features cut, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the linea-classic. Its is a really good looking car and a sedan(though fiat advertises it as the longest car in the segment, its longer than some of the cars in the next segment also :p)

You might want to consider the Amaze, Ecosport(though not a sedan) also.

Whatever you take, dont take a desire :D
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Go for Linea Classic or an VW Vento (Used),
    Never dream of dejire
    1 person likes this.
  5. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Why vento and not used linea? Be it new car or used car market fiat is the only VFM CAR.
    If you are looking for used car I'll guarantee you will get top end in half the price with odo reading between 15-20k

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
    1 person likes this.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Features cut? Are you considering the Engine also to be a feature?
    1 person likes this.
  7. Fayad

Fayad Amatore

Tvm
    At 7L OTR I guess he was considering the 1.4 fire petrol. If it was the 75hp MJD, I'd say take a thorough testdrive to see how the driveability is.
  8. I have been keeping my eye on the recent Auto Expo, and the cars really looking compelling. I like JAZZ (thought its a station wagon).

The design really looks good and iDtec will definitely be a competitor to the mid range sedans.

Do anyone have any idea when JAZZ is gonna launch in India ?
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Honda Jazz will launched in second half of 2014 and now focus is on launching Mobilio.
  10. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    How about Fiat Linea TJET Active variant? the ex. showroom is 7.9L, since you are an existing FIAT customer you can get exchange bonus of 1 Lacs (offer keeps coming, check with dealer) + Corporate discount + Push dealer for more discount (check out 2013 make models, they will have discounts on them) + free insurance

So all in all you can get around more than 1Lacs discounts and can get a tJet active on road around 7.5Lacs. I agree that it is 50K beyond your budget but then it is a TJET. Since you plan to buy the car for your parents i expect their major drive will be in city and in that sense Active will suffice them.

Even check for other TJET variants. My frnd got a new TJET for 6.96 Lacs in November 2012 ( the car was manufactured in Nov 2010 and had no issues). It was bought from FIAT Factory two days before delivery and had an H98 on the ODO. He is driving the car for more than an year now and he is one of the happiest FIAT owners i have seen.
    1 person likes this.