1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Section for Old / Classic FIAT's

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by amogh, Sep 10, 2013.

?

Do you want a section for Classic / Discontinued FIAT's from across the world?

Poll closed Sep 30, 2013.
  1. Yes

74 vote(s)
    88.1%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    11.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yes Arun and Sujith,you arenmissing aftet lalbagh meeting. Let us organize meet for all FIAT's.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Sat, they have participated in many meets after lalbagh.

TFI Bangalore hesarghatta meet :http://www.teamfiat.co.in/team-fiat...teeram-hesaraghatta-report-pg-10-onwards.html

TFI Bangalore Yelagiri meet: http://www.teamfiat.co.in/team-fiat...chennai-meet-yelagiri-hills-13.html#post72080

TFI Bangalore Chennai yelagiri meet:http://www.teamfiat.co.in/team-fiat...lagiri-17th-june-report-pg-54-onwards-54.html

Karthik participated in TFI South India meet at Ooty last year. Sujith and Arun were eager but could not attend due to personal commitments!
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
    2 people like this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Fiat enthusiasts are smaller than an atom in this world. :)

Why all these hatred guys? Get rid of it please.
    8 people like this.
  4. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    we already had a general fiat meet irrespective of forums. It happened in wayanad.
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Let's analyse few facts:

Except for a handful members (can be counted on fingertips), all other members says YES.

An Institution or Organisation is bigger or more important than an Individual.

There are 6-7K members in TFI. Any decision taken in TFI is always for the betterment of TFI and the members. A few handful can not and MUST NOT harm the interests of entire forum.

However, TFI has always taken feedback in the right spirit. Let's analyse 9 or 10 handful responses which says No over and over again repeatedly and try to understand what is the issue and whether it's for the betterment of 6-7K members:

IIRC, one of them is even a TFI Moderator. This shows TFI has an open mind to anything, nothing is discarded without giving it a due thought.

If you analyse the rest few responses/ members saying No, anyone who is familier with Automotive forums and Fiat forums can make out some common linkages. I'm not going to dirty my hands on debating about those common linkages or interests here for it does not help TFI nor its members in any way.

And.....

I suggest let's refrain from making any statement on what TFI "deserves". The forum is collectively made up of 6-7K members and it's ridiculous to see posts where an individual gives his personal verdicts on a collective forum and then complains to either delete his posts or ban him. We've always believed in giving free hand and very light or almost non-existent moderation but this is like stretching a limit.

So, reiterating, let's refrain from anything which is not in the best interests of TFI and it's members/ base. Anymore such posts, and I'm sure majority of members will agree, that necessary suitable & commensurate actions must be & will be taken.
    3 people like this.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Deleted the last few posts.

Enough drama.
  7. RAJ

RAJ Timido

COIMBATORE
    Yes classics should find a place here
  8. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Wow 87.65%

Really guys please vote and make this percentage more.

Classic fiats are really best & evergreen till dates.
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Majority of us TFIans who have voted for YES do not own a classic,(save for the Palio) and hence I wonder how much of a value add that would do to the sub-forum.

In my books, Palio is still not a classic, it can still give the current so called new gen cars a tough time.
    2 people like this.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Sai, to my understanding the new section will be for Classics, Old and discontinued Fiats (From the first post of this thread). As I am also owning a discontinued Fiat, hope my vote makes sense. :D

With due respect to all variants of Palio, while the GTX/S10 bowls me out in acceleration, I am still convinced enough that 90HP MJD and the T-Jet will rule the highway. I am stating this also as a owner of a Beautiful and Powerful GTX. :)
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.