1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Section for Old / Classic FIAT's

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by amogh, Sep 10, 2013.

?

Do you want a section for Classic / Discontinued FIAT's from across the world?

Poll closed Sep 30, 2013.
  1. Yes

74 vote(s)
    88.1%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    11.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. funkykar

funkykar BANNED

Bangalore
    Past tense was because neither you nor me are discussing like we still are :-D Ok my friend!

I guess you did not get my point at all. When certain privileges are provided only for certain section of cars, why have classics is the point. Yes, factory visit is what changed a few peoples perception about TFI. Until then, did you find even a single instance of me or the other classic car members post anything about the forum? Wasn't it just Fiat Fiat and just Fiat. Until then, we felt like being part of this family and suddenly it was like showing the door saying you do not have an 'xyz' car. Being with the family and united, did you guys even give a thought how members would have felt?

If you think my posts aren't sensible, feel free to delete like many posts were deleted on the factory meet thread to show only TFI side of story!
  2. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
    After FCB, TFI was very close to all we guys(FCBians). Do you guys Remember the initial meets. We all participated with so much enthusiasm and we all were so fond of TFI even though most of us didn't own the right FIAT for TFI aka New Gen FIATs. Hence this pain after being rejected again and again, or else we wouldn't have cared if you TFI guys now included the Classic section or not; heck, how will it ever matter to us.

And Yashik and others of TFI, for god sake don't think we are now MFWians and hence these posts. Day in and out we work for corporates and face competition/ Challenges/ Politics etc. We surely wouldn't bring these factors into our passion too! We are no way promoting or bashing our friendly other Forum. We are FIATians first, we want unity to support this passion and live happily with other fellow FIATians like a small own community. Guys, get the basics of your Forum right guys! What you want and from whom, decide this first and keep up the commitment. This very thread shows the dilemma you guys have. Given a chance, I would have created a section for Classics right away when the time came for it.

Watch this video guys, edited by Karthik, and cherish the good old days!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
    5 people like this.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No one "rejected" anyone here. TFI has always been meant for creating a database for new FIAT cars as there was none at that time and the issues/niggles in the first lot of cars were highly problematic for a few owners (plastic CSC, seat height going down, some owners complaining about falling plastics et al). That still stays as the forum motto.

What rejection are you talking of? :confused:

None of the support staff has any objection from the factors you mention above and I myself signed on both FIAT forums as well. Personally speaking, I stopped participating because of the corporate motto and agenda over there.

Both of these statements are contradictory to the actual facts (We have photographic proofs of and lots of them). But I am not in mood of pasting them here as of now.

Our basics are right. Neither we want anything from anybody nor we are trying to take care of anybody. We are simply providing a platform for all and any FIAT enthusiast to share his passion and discuss any issues that come up. The moderation is kept at base minimum for the members' benefit.

We do NOT have any dilemma. There are threads on Palio maintenance here as well. We are simply considering to come up with a small section where all these threads can be put together and to allow members to create all such similar threads over there in future.
  4. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
    Can you explain more about this with direct reference to the other parties involved.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Guys,

Do we need this discussion?

Rajan
    6 people like this.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I guess the ones who are creating Bollywood potboilers out of nothing need to read the above and think about it long and hard. How hard can it be to vote and move on. If you don't want this section, vote No. Simples.

Cheers.
    4 people like this.
  7. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    Sorry to say this guys, but i simply voted for NO

I may get banned for making this post or maybe my post may get deleted.

But i truly believe that TFI doesn't deserve to have classic cars now

Reason being: When you were not allowing classic cars then, why now.
    4 people like this.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This thread was created for a purpose, just to know member's view if we should have a separate section for old gen fiats.
    Purpose is already explained, on both side, why we didn't do it in start and why we are doing now.
    Lets stick to that and vote.
    Any more posts, out of context, will be deleted henceforth.

If somebody like to discuss their old gen fiats elsewhere, please do so. May be this poll is not for those who wants to have discussion somewhere else.

What you mean by "TFI side of story"? This is TFI and there is only one side.
    It shows you are not posting as TFIan but posting and arguing representing somebody else.
    About factory visits, we have already explained why and what we did. It might have hurt you/few, but there is no need to open a discussion which is a closed chapter.
    I, personally, was of the view that members like you, who owns old gen fiats will be more appreciative, but by seeing your posts its clear why suddenly after long time you, and few others, posted here.

Once somebody posts non-sense, they themselves know they are inviting moderation. :) Your post is edited.
    You don't need to suggest what mods needs to do, they will take care.

Again, if somebody feels to use other option/forum/blogs/groups to discuss their old gen fiats, please do. No need to post out of context posts here.
    2 people like this.
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Guys, sorry for joining in late here. I have mixed feelings after reading this thread. I can understand the good intention of starting this poll as well as i can understand the feelings of members owning old GEM fiats. I am also keeping in mind that they were filtered out during factory meet. But i perfectly know why it was done so. And mainly the fact is it was not just old gen fiats but people with punto and linea too were filtered out. Not only this i myself filtered out my family members and travelled alone.
    As a TFI we would have loved to go in huge huge numbers. But FIAT were not prepared for that at all and humbly requested us to reduce numbers or drop off the plan totally. If someone understands this its enough, if not no more explanations would help.

Coming to the step motherly treatment - i dont think so any Punto or Linea owner would dare to disregard Palio or Uno. We bought new generation Fiats because we were mightily impressed with Old Generation Fiats.

Regarding - friendly forum and all, do revisit the threads there, do visit the commercial offers there, do understand the working(commercial aspects) there.
    TFI is the most diverse forum - Period, no lobbying, no regional groups nothing.

If an initiative is taken i think we should welcome it. We are now matured enough and saturated with enough technical know hows about New Gen Fiats.
    Do enlighten us with technical knowledge about the old gen Fiats which are truly engineering marvels.
    5 people like this.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Fiat and Fiatians do not need all these arguments :)!

Forget the past and let us have a TFI-FCB meet. I am sure everything will be good like it was before!! I guess that's what most of us want.

Arun, it used to be fun when you and Sujith used to participate in the meets. you guys have been missed for the last year or so!
    4 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.