1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Section for Old / Classic FIAT's

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by amogh, Sep 10, 2013.

?

Do you want a section for Classic / Discontinued FIAT's from across the world?

Poll closed Sep 30, 2013.
  1. Yes

74 vote(s)
    88.1%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    11.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Classic fiat's are welcome in the forum which will add additional weightage and value to the portal..
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    I missed this thread..

As i was passing by cubbon park on this sunday afternoon i came across a small gathering of vintage FIATS..

I am sure you all as well as i am glad that i stopped to take a few pics...

ENJOY!

20130915_102443.jpg

FLEET!!

20130915_102453.jpg

20130915_102528.jpg

20130915_102540.jpg

20130915_102545.jpg

These slogans are so APT for the car...

20130915_102616.jpg

20130915_102628.jpg
    15 people like this.
  3. funkykar

funkykar BANNED

Bangalore

Oh yes, this is the Fiat 1100 Club Bangalore meet. Arun1100, Sujith1100, Karthik1100 and myself started this club. Long ago, when some of us contacted TFI, we were warmly welcome. But only later we found that we were actually not accepted whole heartedly. May be we were just accounted for member and post count. All boiled down to the biased acceptance during Factory meet. Of course, the enthusiasm died down!

Technically speaking when newer gen Fiats come to market, existing members should buy the new gen Fiat to be part of this family :)

May be suddenly realised this and now tweaking and allowing classics to be part of?
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
    4 people like this.
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Kathik Makam aka Funkykar- You were and have always been welcome to this forum as brothers and FIAT enthusiasts and owners. Having known you 5 (Arun, Sujith, Karthik B Mallur, you and Chetu Munna) at facebook and other platforms, I have always treated you all like my best friends.

Let me ask you as to why you remain online here and hit likes at all posts that are not otherwise healthy for the forum. We at TFI have no hidden agenda. Seems like you have one as evident from your above post.

You seem to not have recovered from the grudge you developed since the 2012 factory meet. There was a limit set by the host based on their ability to handle a particular number of cars so that there is no chaos and members dont feel neglected.

Feel free not to post here if you do not find TFI useful. We never send 2 page emails asking members to make sure they log in and post at forums. The forum is for our members to benefit.

Reporting your posts for strict admin action.
    3 people like this.
  5. funkykar

funkykar BANNED

Bangalore
    Yes bro, I remember how good friends we were. How can one forget those days?

Like/Unlike is a feature provided. Yes, depending on what I like, I click Like and Unlike for what I unlike. If I don't have an opinion or looks fine, I don't use either of them. So me reading posts and not using the feature is much larger than what I like or don't like. Why not talk about that and why only unlike?

If limited number was allowed, shouldn't it have been first come first serve and not on basis of what car the member owned. I cannot say a word beyond this. And I did opt to come based on the PM Invite I got. I had also made plans for the drive and later been told since you own a Palio, you cant come? At first place wasn't I a Fiat enthusiast?

Grudge or no grudge. I hope this isn't the wrong thread to discuss TFI and classics. In any posts on this thread, I have only voiced my opinion and I feel are very related to the thread itself. I at-least hope this isn't an irrelevant thread.
    1 person likes this.
  6. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Well then let me tell you. Before you there are people who have voiced there opinion against (e.g. arun1100). You are not voicing your opinion in favour of or against having a classics section here.

You are simply attacking the foundation of TFI by saying what you said in your earlier post.
  7. funkykar

funkykar BANNED

Bangalore
    I am sorry, I do not comprehend this.

I have cast my vote and posts are of my opinion why there shouldnt be 'merely' a section for classics.
  8. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore
    Voted Yes. It doesn't harm being inclusive and have the old gen cars here as well. It's a matter of time before the new-gen cars become old-gen .
  9. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    I would have preferred if this poll was not created at all in the first place. TFI could have just created a section for classics.
    People who are interested would have posted there.

I can understand what owners of classics feel. If not welcomed when we asked, why now?

Classic car collectors do command respect for all the hard work and dedication they have put into their cars. Like Res. Col Sir on some of the pics posted above by MohanKv.
    6 people like this.
  10. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I didnt say we used to be friends and now we aren't. You have used the past tense.

Okay. I just meant that there have been "more sensible" posts on this topic and votes and opinion against having a classics section are welcome. The topic is regarding having a classic section or not. But you are simply expressing your displeasure against TFI over factory meet and to an extent that you allege that you were allowed to be a member just to raise the membership count. :evilsmile

We at TFI actively ban spammer bots and we have never inflated our stats in any ways (I hope you get the drift).

You mean that you were not allowed for factory meet so there shouldn't be a classics thread on TFI. :evilsmile
    2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.