1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Section for Old / Classic FIAT's

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by amogh, Sep 10, 2013.

?

Do you want a section for Classic / Discontinued FIAT's from across the world?

Poll closed Sep 30, 2013.
  1. Yes

74 vote(s)
    88.1%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    11.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Linea will continue (as Linea Classic). Punto will also continue, however in new models. No information on what is plan for existing Puntos.

But yes, start thinking :).
  2. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Definitely a big NO why all of a sudden Tfi is going classic way and why starting a poll when the mods have decided to start a thread on the same. Tfi should carry on as how it was.

Sent from my Cynus T2 using Tapatalk 4
    1 person likes this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Strong Yes from me.

Need not be. What about a TFI'ian owning new gen car buying a classic Fiat? He need not search for other platforms for posting/sharing. :)
    3 people like this.
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dear Shams, thats a bit of undue stress to the discontinuation of Punto and Linea. I hope you have understood the concept here. :)

To summarize:

1. There is no chance FIAT will discontinue the cars "Punto" and "Linea". These cars may get a facelift/refresh as and when FIAT desires. But FIAT doesnt have anything else to sell in India at this price range so a discontinuation of Punto and Linea should be the last thing on anybody's mind.

e.g. If someone owns a 2009 Hyundai Verna, that doesn't mean he owns a classic/discontinued car in my opinion. Its just that the model got refreshed with new looks and features. A "discontinued" car is a car like the Ford Ikon, Chevrolet Optra SRV, Chevrolet Aveo etc.

2. TFI moto has been "Pit stop for FIAT's new generation cars" and NOT "Pit stop for FIAT's Current generation cars".

Apologies for going off topic
    3 people like this.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Yashik, thats just a possibility that may or may not happen in the future :)! I just sighted an example thinking about if that happens, how are we going to accomodate that scenario here with our current policies.

new is a word dependant on time and new generation cars are bound to become old some time in future.
    That time newer cars will find TFI (due to its current motto) more homely and people like us with cars from this time will think of it like an old age home for their cars!!

i agree that these things may not happen in near future but even if it happens 5 years down the line, i think my points make sense.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  6. Why this kolivery against older FIAT's , is this an effort shrug off the FIAT's past?
    1 person likes this.
  7. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    When you say Fiat then it means any & every one of it! And for those who believe Punto & Linea will never be discontinued.... then I'd like to highlight the fact that the discontinued "Palio" (the 178 platform) was baptised as "Fiat's World Car"!!! so even a World Car strategy can be discontinued when time comes!

Even Fiat themselves are officially recognizing & using their older models for marketing now, just visit their FB page! So I think it's time to "Make the Move"
    5 people like this.
  8. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Every one here would had Nostalgic attachment to FIAT's ( Classics ) at some point of their lifes . As a fiat enthusiasts, we should welcome this Move.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

voted yes.....
  10. Very less "NO's" , so it's Amogh and Mods call to make the the right move.
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.