1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Section for Old / Classic FIAT's

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by amogh, Sep 10, 2013.

Do you want a section for Classic / Discontinued FIAT's from across the world?

Poll closed Sep 30, 2013.
  1. Yes

74 vote(s)
  2. No

10 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    A sub-section of the Forum devoted to other Fiat cars will not do any harm at all. As Fiat owners, we cannot disassociate ourselves from the fact that Fiat has been around for ages in India whatever may have been the earlier shortcomings. There are several people who still own Palios, Padminis and old classics.

The expansion of the Forum and the consequent result of a larger community will only have a positive effect for everyone. With the Mods doing a good job as always, I don't see any dilution in the value of threads and posts in this Forum with an increase in the size of the community with the inclusion of other Fiat cars.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Linea 1.3
    Voted Yes.
    1 person likes this.
  3. ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com

ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com Amatore

Vadodara , Nashik
    Vadodara , Nashik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Voted : YES... Its better to have knowledge of the history of the Makers whose wheels we are driving....
    1 person likes this.
  4. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Linea 1.4
    But,I thought we already have discussions and sections/ threads on old fiats:confused:

Was anybody being stopped from discussing or posting their 1100/etc :confused:

This is just formalising it or what?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Quoting my earlier post :

6. shams

shams Esperto

Arun, come on buddy, we all like Fiats and thats the bottomline!

Agreed that TFIs stance in the past has hurt many Fiatians and that includes me as well.
    But here we are trying to look forward in the right direction and would need support of all the Fiatians for it :)

I have always believed that any Fiat forum should never have any sort of restrictions for Fiat owners. Fiat is what unites us all and everything else is secondary!

As you already know, not long back TFIans have attended some of the FCB meets when you guys were active here and we used to get the information about those meets here.
    Pics form one such meet : http://www.teamfiat.co.in/team-fiat...last-sunday-january-29-1-12-a.html#post117625
    3 people like this.
  7. Voted Yes, Whether it is a Punto Abrath or a Uno, it is still a FIAT, Pit stop for new generation cars is fallacy as my GP model is already discontinued/features merged with lower variant.
    Next year my GP will be history, no longer manufactured when new GP is launched.Is the expectation from TFI is to stop posting unless I buy a new car?

FIAT1100 let us all get united, it doesn't mean we merge the forums but get on wider platform.First step could be having common handle and password for all the sites.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    As mentioned earlier as well, TFI will continue to be focussed on new cars.
    We need to understand, and it has been conveyed earlier as well, the reason for not encouraging older cars was for a noble reason. Since in those time there were other and better places/groups available for discontinued models. We didn't want to disturb those valuable data and information available. There was nothing against any discontinued models.
    But those avenues are slowly ceasing to exist so we are thinking to have one section for all old models.
    Now this should clear why Punto or Linea or any new generation cars will not fall in that category. TFI is the THE place to have all kind of information on these models and will continue to be so.
    Once any existing models gets discontinued we will again discuss, along with members, how to go ahead about that.

It does Arun.
    Once you are on commercial arrangements, you can't be free to put your honest negative feedbacks.
    No issues, we are just considering to have one section for all other models. Members interested can use that section for everything including ownership and or technical discussions.
    We don't have plan to have separate section for individual models, like 1100 or Palio etc.
    4 people like this.
  9. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Voted yes.
    I wonder what will be the harm to TFI if the old Fiat section exists :confused

We have allowed even those who don't own FIAT (FIAT enthusiasts) and discussed non-FIAT topics also.

As Guri paji said old FIATs are already being discussed in some or other thread. It's just formally creating a separate section.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Ravi, why postpone it for later. When we know its going to happen in future, why not prepare for it now?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.