1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Section for Old / Classic FIAT's

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by amogh, Sep 10, 2013.

?

Do you want a section for Classic / Discontinued FIAT's from across the world?

Poll closed Sep 30, 2013.
  1. Yes

74 vote(s)
    88.1%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    11.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    yashik would this not violate tfi 's stance of being a pitstop for new generation cars then :)

i think its time to evolve for better future
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Voted YES. My points are (Sorry no offense meant to anyone, but sharing some thoughts very openly.)

1) I as a Fiatian in person know many knowledgeable persons who had left TFI just for the reason that TFI is promoting only FIAT new gen cars. A forum's maturity is with having more no of knowledgeable people & not with the number of registered members. We cannot have “those who want to stay can stay & others can leave" kind of attitude.

2) End of day we all love FIATs for the wonderful cars they made. Then why this old-new distinguishing?. Even I would feel sad if tomorrow someone comes and say that I am having an old FIAT & his is a new gen one. Just put yourself in others shoe and think for a while. Even if I don’t express it to others, on the inside I surely may feel it bad. I am not trying to be sentimental here, but letting you all know that there are persons who could not afford to buy a new gen FIAT car & such people's sentiments should not be hurt.

3) Whenever you do a search for FIAT in say google.co.in, the most no of links will be pointing to TFI than even FIAT India's website. So the 1st point of search would mostly end up in TFI. Then why not we be a helping hand for all FIATs.

4) I think when it comes to discussion on engines there are more hot topics for older NA engines rather than our new gen engines which is quiet good for all of us especially for a person like me who would like to know more on engines. I would still any day prefer a single place to learn such things rather than go through all the available forums.

5) I remember a time when our TFI admins were finding it difficult to run the forum due to some financial constraints & many of the members had come forth to help by whichever way they could. That shows the love & brotherhood we share with each other .We always used to say that TFI is part of our family. So let's not be choosy among family members

Hope I was able to express my thoughts. I am not that good when it comes to penning down my emotions :sadblue.

Cheers,
    Cinju.
    9 people like this.
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I am strongly positive.

It should also include cars made by Premier Auto Ltd.
    The great Padmini (P) , 137D , 118 NE & 138 etc.
    2 people like this.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Voted yes.

By this, we endeavour to provide a section for all the members : past, present and future who owned, are owning and will own the Classics to have their very own special FIAT Classic section, in which they feel free to share with us anything and everything related to the ownerships of their cars. We, the Moderator's Team, have never tried to restrict sharing anything regarding the so called "old gen" cars. This step is merely a formalisation of that very thought process.

TFI has stuck resolutely to it's root of being a forum - a discussion place, a place to share, a place to form relationships and the WE feeling. That is and has been our one and only goal.

Cheers.
    3 people like this.
  5. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

Voted No. As long as the logo for TFI says "Pit stop FOR Fiat's new generation cars" , others aka older fiats will most definitely be granted a step motherly treatment. Why all of this. Rather let it be.
  6. dattatray

dattatray Timido

New Delhi
    Voted Yes since the website is named Team"FIAT".co.in
    2 people like this.
  7. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
    Few years back when TFI was started, we Classic FIAT lovers were so excited to know about TFI as we could share about stories about Classic FIATs. Then comes note from the Mods that TFI is only for Punto and Linea and big NO to PALIO and all other old FIATs. This was a big let down.

Fast fwd to 2012, we got a Forum dedicated for ALL kinds of FIATs, with proper sub section for each type of Classic FIAT. All those who Cannot post in the Redlining Forum are now posting in this new FIAT world Forum.

TFI is commercialized or not, it hardly matters to the end user.

So if you guys plan to add Classic FIAT here (FIAT 1100 and Padmini) be rest assured, there will hardly be any users willing to post here as we already have two wonderful platforms.

Verdict: NO WAYS!
    6 people like this.
  8. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

vadodara-gujarat
    Voted Yes.
    Not talking about the so called Old Gen Fiats against New Gen Fiats is like not talking about the the evolution of Humans......
  9. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    thubs down.jpg
    Voted NO,
    As few months back I got this wild idea of a possibility to merge TFI & MFW (MyFiatWorld) forums so we have all new (TFI) & old (MFW) FIAT fans on a common platform, but that time Mods said TFI is specifically for new generation FIAT cars. I agreed it that TFI is so determined and not diluting its basic ethos. Now seeing this is little surprising to me.

There are lots of other good forums on automobiles & Hi-way drives, some of them are much bigger & having vast database (ie TBHP), But TFI has its own domain that we should carry on with.

I’d suggest starting a thread for old fiat cars & sub-threads for specific car, featuring etc.
  10. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Voted YES,

I love FIAT :). We have a UNO,Palio, 1100, & a Punto in our family hence would like to discuss and get information at one place.

Kiran
    2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.