1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Second Time Puntoed...

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by puntopunter, Oct 16, 2014.

1. puntopunter

puntopunter Novizio

Hyderabad
    Last month i was driving to work in my 5 Year old BNW Punto 1.3 Active which has done 1,22,000 km. I noticed few new punto (not evo) with temp registration number sticker which is not common in a short drive of 8 km, then again while coming back saw another couple of punto with temp registration number that got me thinking, how come even after release of new model (EVO) people are buying old model that too many of them . Next day again same scenario this time i could not resist and called A.V Motors and asked about it. The sales person Replied "Sir there is discount going in old models of punto", i further enquired with him and got to know that 1.3 active model on road price is Rs 5,50,000 that works out around 80k discount and the only colour available was Tuscan wine, so i decided to sell my old punto and buy a new one. I immediately went to a.v motors service station where the car was parked, After inspecting the car when i talked to the person about final price to my surprise he said Its 5.85 lk that is 35k increment in few hours. I asked him why the increase in price in few hours so he said that earlier price is of last month which was given to me by mistake :banghead:. So dropped the idea of buying new one and left the place, then after few days one bike rammed into car rear and damaged the bumper, to get it repaired went to Ankitha motors and gave the car for bumper change, as i was about to leave the service station the sales guy came to me and asked if i want to take test drive of Punto evo as i have already done that earlier i said him no, but i asked him about old punto if there is any stock left after checking he said only black colour is available in 1.3 active that too in pune and the price would be 5.3 lk on road so that works out to be 1 lk discount on onroad price :) so without wasting any time i booked the car there and got it delivered on 30th Sep. in the meanwhile i was getting calls for old car for which i posted ad on olx, on 1st oct a person came and saw the car and wanting to buy at the same day but i told him i can give him the car only on 6th as i was going to bangalore next day by old punto but he insisted on buying on same day and was ready to pay my asking price so sold him the car and next morning went on a 1400 km trip within two days of buying the punto :D

Old BNW PUNTO
    IMG-20141016-WA0008.jpg IMG-20141016-WA0011.jpg

NEW HHB PUNTO
    IMG_20141016_175656.jpg
  2. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations for second time. Thats called the love for Fiat. Good decision btw.

How was the experience in new one? Share the sale price of old one?
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great buy and picture of HHB is smashing.
    Just remove dealer's stickers (may be you should put TFI Stickers :).
  4. puntopunter

puntopunter Novizio

Hyderabad
    Well there are few changes in new punto. the most welcome change was reduced NVH Specially the wind noise while driving at high speed in earlier punto wind noise caused me to check if i left any window open by mistake. I sold old one at 2.85lk which i think is great price of 1,22,000 km done 5yr old car.

Even i want to remove that sticker as soon as possible..:)
  5. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    @puntopunter it is a great price for old one especially when it comes to Fiat. It was a good trade.
  6. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    First of all congrats on the new buy.

The price you have sold the old car is a killer price. Good to hear such re-sale value for punto. And boy you drive a lot.

All the best for the 2nd innings.
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats for the HHB beauty ;) I think you would be apt person to provide detailed review on characteristics difference between old & new Punto. And have to mention that was a super deal you struck for your 1.2L kms Punto!:jawdrop:
  8. puntopunter

puntopunter Novizio

Hyderabad
    Well I have still not driven new Punto much but till now I can safely say that there is reduced level of nvh and gear shift is also smoother. The person bought looked like a fiat fan.
  9. puntopunter

puntopunter Novizio

Hyderabad
    All 4 tire was yokohama A drive and just 2000km old, insurance was valid up to Sep 2015
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @puntopunter

Heartiest congratulations on owning the Punto for the second time. Goes to show that you are a true fiat fan, let Fiat India know about it. We need more pics of the HHB with a much more detailed ownership review.

BTW whats the manufacturing details of your car? Have you opted for the Extended Warranty.

Surprised to know that you HHB came with yoko shoes, normally they come with Apollo Acceleres. Hows the tyre performance in terms of road noise.

Happy many more mile crunching and drive safely. Enjoy the second innings to the hilt.