1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

seatbelt indicator not working

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by drgopusankar, Oct 13, 2011.

1. hello,

after the first service, seat belt indicator of punto mjd active is not working. it will blink for 3 to 4 seconds when the key is turned to MAR position and disappear when the car is started even if i have not put the belt. what do you think is the problem? any serious issue.?
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  2. anoop

anoop Superiore

I thought the warning goes away when you start driving - my car is an active variant and the seat belt sign lights up because front passenger seat is almost always unoccupied. The sign goes away after some time.
  3. hiii anoop,
    the problem with my active mjd,is that the seat belt indicator turns off if you wait for 10 seconds after starting the car.its not necessary that you have to move,
  4. anoop

anoop Superiore

@gopu - Though I am not 100% sure, i think it is the same way in my car too. Need to check it again to confirm.
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    This is true. The indicator blinks for a few seconds and stops. After all, it's just a warning, and it's the driver's choice whether or not to put the seat belt on.
    I have made it a habit to put on the seat belt first and only then I start the car. Have seen lots of people reluctant to use seat belt!
  6. haiiii,
    yesterday I went to TASS and the works manager told me that it's not a problem. With active variant it will blink for 10 times and then goes off whether you wear seatbelt or not.