1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Seat height adjustment became a problem on my 90HP Sports

Discussion in 'Technical' started by sageeshr, Jan 1, 2015.

1. sageeshr

sageeshr Amatore

Bangalore
    Sarjapur Road
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I face a problem with driver seat height adjustment on 90HP Sports. I have notified it during second service(15K) and they have replaced the rivet screw which costed about RS 50/-.It was ok right after the changes even though I did not observe it pretty close, but now I feel it has gone bad beyond the level it was there before changing.

Has anyone here faced this issue? Has it got fixed? Possible to share the details?
  2. sageeshr

sageeshr Amatore

Bangalore
    Sarjapur Road
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    No one else faced this issue here?
  3. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    That is a pretty irritating issue, you can ask ASS to change the Height Adjuster under warrenty, I have changed it 2ice and the 3rd one is doing good.. wired part is that part is made for Toyota o_O.. God knows how on Earth Toyota is ranked No.1 for quality if there part is like this.
  4. Utpal Saikia

Utpal Saikia Timido

Jorhat, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh
    Linea 1.3
    This issue cropped up in my Linea as well. The seat got stuck up and not moving up or down, and I dont want to put excessive force on the lever as it feels so fragile. I shall show it during my next visit to SC but do not how to insist to get the mechanism FOC under warranty if they want to put a temporary solution.
  5. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I am facing seat adjustment issue for a very long time. Once I set it at a particular level (maximum height) after driving for a certain distance. It slowly descends. Each and every time, I get into the car, I need to adjust it again before starting driving. Its irritating to do it each and every time. Any solution so that i can fix it on my own.
    avithe1 likes this.
  6. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Strange as I believe as per FASS the quality issues have been sorted out, the only way to fix this is by changing the Height Adjuster mechanism, you are covered under warranty for this, it's a half hour job provided you have a dedicated and knowledgeable staff working on replacing the mechanism.
    PradeepM likes this.
  7. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    Yes , I too face similar issue. At times the seat remains on the height I have adjusted and at times it goes down on its own. Will show this to FASS during my first (15K) service. Hope its changed under warranty.
  8. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    They will, provided they have it in store. I've changed the same part twice under warranty.
    PradeepM likes this.