1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

seat covers for punto sport bnw

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by kvmoorthy, Jul 4, 2012.

1. kvmoorthy

kvmoorthy

Bangalore
    Hi All,
    Need your suggestions on the seat covers for punto sport bnw. Its been a challenge as the the interiors are black and matching with black covers might make the car look crampy. Suggest the style for the covers. I hail from bangalore please advice the location. I stay in madivala. Budget not yet decided as i am looking for good qaulity.

Please share your suggestions. Thanks in advance.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    if you want the best quality and don't mind spending upwards of 30k then go for stanley genuine leather in mission road,
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i would suggest not to go for seat covers !! The stock fabric seats look so elegant n upmarket and comfy which art leather cannot give you!!! Just shampoo it once in a while when it gets dirty, that shall do, The special red stitching also would be masked by the seat covers !!
    If you are so adamant about it, i guess full black with red stitching with minimal amount of Red should be sporty to match.. Chk out autoform india's site.. i ve noticed some good designs over there !
    1 person likes this.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    If you can get a red and black treatment it will be a killer. What I have in mind is like a mimic of Ferrari. red leather head rest and red and black combination of seat. Just this thought came to me after watching Ferrari in the movie Ferrari ki sawari. But it should be done at a professional shop.
  6. jovi2403

jovi2403 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    My PUNTO is BNW, I went for a custom fit - BLACK with RED stitching (art leather). Didn't ask for any special design elements, just made to resemble the STOCK seat pattern. Looks cool so far. I did at IMPERIAL LEATHERS @ Bilekahalli based on the forum members reviews.
    If u try adding more red to the seat it would be good for a while, later might be looking dull or odd - This is my personal opinion.

If at all you are ready to go for custom seat covers then, I would like to share one issue which I was facing after the seat fitting was done. All seats except the driver seat were good. In custom fit, they used to remove a rubber strip from the STOCK seat covers and then stitch with the custom seat covers. The rubber strip (called as beeding rubber by the shop people) was not getting locked under the metal part of the seat below. So the bottom portion of the seat cover was often coming out while you sit. They tried to fix twice or thrice, then suggested to go with a traditional rope/elastic design for the driver seat alone. So i went with that, the issue was gone and the fit is good from then on (crossed 10K KM in 4 months). Per shop guys: this happens with only 2012 PUNTO it seems that too on random cars. Hope this information would help you, when you go for custom seat covers.
  7. Vishy

Vishy

Bangalore
    Hello Everyone,

I purchased a New Fiat Punto MJD, black, I need Fiat Seat Covers, With the P logo on it, any idea on where do i get that and how much would that cost me? Please have a look at the attachement.
    P Seats .jpg
  8. shanmugam

shanmugam Amatore

Chennai
    I saw an add in news paper "genuine car accessories" chennai offering leather seat covers for 1500 rupees , so i called them they told for punto it will be be 2000, tax , installation charges extra(there are two types of installation tight fitting =500,ordinary =100), he said it will come around 3.5k.
    so i visited to the shop. i opted for the basic leather cover but they replied that is out of stock i was forced to go for 4.5k seat cover after installation it came about 4.6k(installation charge is 100)(they have done ordinary installation they told it is so difficult to do tight fitting for punto). Seat cover looks good. but when approach genunie car accessories, t nagar, please be careful.
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  9. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    there are many installers in GP road who do a very good (tight ) install. friend of mine had done it for his linea

it costed him around Rs 700 for install (not exactly sure) & 3-4 hours. seat covers costed 4.5k
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Autoform manufactures seat covers for Punto with the P logo. Check with the dealers who do AutoForm.

autoform.jpg

Check Autoform Seat Covers for the seat cover models.
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2012