1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Seat belts made mandatory for all in Kerala!!

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by fiat_fan, Jun 9, 2014.

1. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    In a swift move, the State Road Safety Commissioner has made wearing seat belts mandatory for all those occupying the front seat and those in the front-facing rear seats in passenger cars plying in the State.
    Road Safety Commissioner Rishi Raj Singh, who is also the State Transport Commissioner, said all Regional Transport Officers had been asked to carryout checks to book the offenders. At present, the Motor Vehicle Department and the police were only insisting on seat belts for drivers and occupant on the front seat of passenger cars.
    Seat belts were also not insisted by law enforcers on cars registered in the State before 2002.
    Mr. Singh said the directive had been issued as per the provision of sub-rule (3) of Rule 138 of Central Motor Vehicle Rules, 1989. The impact can be reduced by 95 per cent if the occupants wear seat belts, Mr. Singh said quoting road safety experts.
    The violation of provisions of rule 138 (3) would constitute an offence punishable under Section 177 of the MV Act of 1988 and would attract a fine of Rs.100 for first offence and up to Rs.300 for second and subsequent offence. Those violating the rule will also be booked under Section 184 of the MV Act for dangerous driving.

Seat belts made mandatory for all - The Hindu
    1 person likes this.
  2. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    Kerala not to enforce seat belts compulsory for passengers in rear cabin | Business Line

Kerala has decided to revoke a circular making seat belts compulsory for passengers in the rear cabin of vehicles.
    The Motor Vehicles Department and the Commissioner of Transport had jointly notified the rule saying that it would be implemented with immediate effect.
    This had been in the aftermath of death of Gopinath Munde who had been sworn in as a Union Cabinet Minister in a road accident in New Delhi.
    The State Government will soon notify withdrawal of the circular, according to Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan, Minister for Transport.
    Speaking in the State Assembly today, he said this was being done in view of a torrent of complaints of hardship from motorists.
    “There are rules and rules available for enforcing traffic discipline. But not all of them are desirable from a practical point of view,” the Minister said.
    Enforcing the rule will only result in an unending series of bookings of motorists on the roads bringing a lot of inconvenience to all parties concerned.
    Hence, the rethink on the part of the government, the Minister said, while replying to a submission in the House.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am just wondering if the Motor Vehicles rules can be framed by the States as per their wish. If so, why not make the sunfilms also acceptable. :D
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    If the ministers are not very fond of their colleagues we could understand why they want them to die, but why play with lives of people. And yes as ramjn says, better make Sunfilms legal again. Kerala might want to set precedent there too.
  5. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    I think the case of sunfilms is different. Govt can't do anything against court verdict.
  6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Guys,
    I was in Paris for a short vacation and was happily enjoying the trip. But, what was in store for me in this trip, I had even never dreamt in my wildest ideas.

OT - This is my first post after the forum revamp, Not sure if I am posting the pics right .

On the beautiful day of 26th Dec, i was exploring one of the areas of Paris, and suddenly my eyes felt on these..

IMG_0360.JPG

Initial thought flashed my mind that it would be some kind of exhibition. Thankfully, I was wrong. I immediately thought of trying out, but then, I had never driven automatics. Some cheering up from wife helped, fast forward 20 mts and I was here..

IMG_0339.JPG

I then had the drive of my life till date. Drove it for 5-6 kms making a round trip of Eiffel tower covering two tunnels in between. The sound which lamborghini makes in tunnel is mind blowing. Now, I can relate to the journalist reviewing Lambo's. :)

If this was not enough, I ended up with this..

IMG_0365.JPG

Wow, What a feeling it was.. Driving in Paris, With Eiffel Tower in Front and all onlookers eyes on me(Ferrari/Lamborghini) :)

Few pics to complete the experience:poto::smuggrin::snaphappy:
    IMG_0336.JPG
    Wifey joined too..:smug:

IMG_0367.JPG

IMG_0351.JPG

IMG_0330.JPG
    asimpleson, bharath, pdash and 9 others like this.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Savouring the good stuff/life, eh! The cars of course, and Paris too?! :cool:

The cars' ride on those cobbled old roads must've been HARSH. But even more memorable for that!?

btw, i believe I can sight, of all things, an older Chrysler 300 in the line of cars behind the Lambo you guys were in. :p
    pabhishek and dadasaheb like this.
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @pabhishek good to see you driving Lambo and Ferrari. ha
    pabhishek likes this.
  9. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet

It was not at all harsh, besides, not entire stretch of road was like that.

And regarding Chrysler,, yeah we Fiat fans, instead of looking Eiffel tower in the back drop, we are busy finding Chrysler/Fiat's ;):):snaphappy:
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    Yes , just outside Louvre I remember ;) . Just clicked pics , did not drive . Regret it now :( .
    Aur friends ne bahut gaali bhi di "@#$#4 chalaya kyo nahi" :)

Ferrari.jpg

ferrari2.jpg
    pabhishek likes this.