1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Sealant projecting along the border of front Windscreen - Pathetic OE Finish

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by arun_josie, Mar 25, 2014.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

If I were you, would leave it as such.

Reasons being, There is high probability of damage of dashboard plastic and paint (present below the sealant), while they remove the old windscreen.

I have witnessed a live windscreen change for my bro's 75HP Punto and my personal take is I won't risk it.
  2. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks DRIV3R, for the feedback!
    I will check with then about this.
  3. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Finally after lot of thinking I went ahead with the windscreen change under warranty. I should say that its a excellent job by Vecto Motors - Bangalore. Also, the old windscreen was removed and they didn't break it. Since it took 4 days with the election day in between they also gave me a loaner car which was a Tjet.
    prabhjot, cassini, nkrishnap and 2 others like this.
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Got addicted?? :steering
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I bet you would not have regretted getting the Tjet as a loaner car, subject to you got to drive it apart from the traffic clogged Bannerghatta road.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
  6. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    True!

Hey..NICE road is just a couple of Kms away :) I would have loved to own one.
  7. dagadakanth

dagadakanth Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.2
    HI
    I am facing strange problem with fiat punto.
    My eyes are getting strain and falling sleep after an hour or so after driving, Immediately when I sit for driving and after seeing the windscreen I am facing this issue I faced this problem even when I took test drive in linea and punto as well before purchasing. Dealer told since the design is different from other cars it will take some time to adjust to this design of glass but almost 10 months passed still am facing this issue I never had this issue in my previous cars I10,Indiaca,Icon.Any one faced this type of problem.I am bit worried now why I took the risk and purchased it.
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    time to get a health checkup done for yourself.
  9. dagadakanth

dagadakanth Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.2
    I don't have any problem with other cars I will drive suv,i20 and swift with out any issues.
  10. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    This is something which I am hearing for the first time. I have done up to 15 hours of continuous driving without any issues.
    Do you face this issue during day time only or both day and after dark?