1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Sealant projecting along the border of front Windscreen - Pathetic OE Finish

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by arun_josie, Mar 25, 2014.

1. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    This issue is in my 2013 model Linea, along the border of the front windscreen, there is a sharp material(sealant) projecting out,
    - its very uneven and hard, hence its sharp
    - its along the complete border(left side and right side) of the front windscreen
    - As per vecto motors, bangalore - this is manufacturing finish and nothing can be done now.

I have sent a mail to Fiat and now Vecto Motors has asked me to come again for a check up, I will be going some time this week for the checkup.

I would like to know if anyone has faced this issue before?
    Could it be that this windscreen was replaced for some reason and hence it didn't come on par with OE finish?

FrontWindscreen1.jpg

FrontWindscreen2.jpg

frontwindscreen3-Optimized.jpg

frontwindscreen4-Optimized.jpg
  2. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Very sorry to see this state of a new car. I think the windshield must have been changed by the dealer prior to the delivery. It would be better to involve fiat and get the issue resolved through them. This is definitely not the factory finish.
    Please keep us updated on the developments.

Cheers,
    Mahesh
  3. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Dealer is very clear that this was not changed at their end. I will be taking the car to them, tomorrow. Along with this the first servicing will also be done. I will update the status on this issue by tomorrow.
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    This seems like a OE finish issue. Push Fiat to replace the Windshield and get a proper finish done. Talk to Chennabasappa and keep him marked on the emails to Fiat.
    2 people like this.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This looks manufacturing issue, and as suggested by Krishna, get it replaced from Fiat.

I have changed my windscreen, from vecto itself, and finish was almost similar to OE.
  6. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    I have reported this issue to Vecto Motors and they have forwarded it to Fiat. Now its one week past and still waiting for a response from Fiat.
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  7. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hope you have sent email to service.india@fiat.com
    along with details of issue and pictures, if not would suggest for a better response.
  8. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
  9. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Got a call from Fiat today, they said it will take another one week for them to respond on this issue(already one week past).
  10. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Got a call from Vecto Motors today to drop my car coming Monday to replace the front windscreen. They also said that it will take two days for this replacement. So, things are moving in the right direction.
    prabhjot and cassini like this.