1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Scratches in my punto

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Racing_2012, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Racing_2012

Racing_2012 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    IMAG0249.jpg IMAG0280.jpg IMAG0281.jpg
  2. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    wow... please share the steps by step method and what material you hv used and please give the source from where you bought.
  3. Racing_2012

Racing_2012 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi,
    Many in TFI done the DIY painting ....below mentioned thread was very useful for me to cover the scratches.
    In-fact i didn't use Putty to cover the deep scratches, just used the steps given by @theblack

sorry @theblack for re-posting your step here

steps::
    1.) Wet sand the problem area cleanly and thoroughly.. Take you're time with this as it's important. Always keep the surface wet and sand till you get an overall smooth finish on the intended surface.
    2.) shake the cans well, (till you're arms ache , and still continue).
    3.) spray a few rounds on the floor to get the paint going.
    4.) Keep the can at least 20 inches away and being spraying in strokes.. NEVER STAY IN THE SAME AREA FOR MORE THAN A FEW SECS.
    5.) Wait for a minute or 2 and then remove all the coverings that you've done to prevent over spray.
    NOW , you will see a clear distinction between the painted and the unpainted area. Quickly grab the com-merge and spray this at the boundary (Be liberal, no problem).

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/do-yourself/1169-com-paint-discussion.html
  4. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    @Racing_2012 - Awwsome dude .. .. I really was looking some of this kind of stuff .. even I got the same scratches on the same place due to my own tight parking area and few are there in front bumper... As I own BNW .. the scratches in bumper revels black insides I really want some of the stuffs you got ...BTW I was looking through the site "http://www.com-paint.com/Product_Detail.aspx?mpgid=44&pgid=44&productid=20&catid=2&model=&color=&qty=1&ccode=" but didn't find any color of FIAT .. . PLease guide me .. I also wanna touch up my car ..Thanks in advance
  5. Racing_2012

Racing_2012 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @rahulvfx fiat model color not showing in com-paint...you can try mailing to this mail-Id sauravgaur@com-paint.com

when I order my value pack through this site...I got reply saying color out of stock...later I got reply from same mail I'd saying stock available ...shipping will be done.
  6. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Racing_2012

You really did a neat job on the bumper. How did you make it smooth and shiny? And did you apply any filler first??
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. Racing_2012

Racing_2012 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Aviator. I won't say it's smooth finish ...we can clearly differentiate the finish. But it's better compared to see scratch ones. Since its my first DIY...in third attempt I got this finish. Always have thinner with you. If not satisfied you can wipe out and repainted.
  8. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Racing_2012

And what are these marks? Why didn't you cover them too?

42848d1363080350-scratches-my-punto-imag0280.jpg
  9. Racing_2012

Racing_2012 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Scratches didn't happen in those area...I went and re-checked ..those marks not visible to my eyes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  10. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks man for your guidance .. looking forward to mail him n do the same as you ...
    1 person likes this.