1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Scratches in my punto

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Racing_2012, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Racing_2012

Racing_2012 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi guys, yesterday evening I scratched my car very badly while taking reverse...in tight parking place missed to see the left side electric post. it's purely my mistake I was too much dependent on reverse parking sensor...immeditely I took to TASS. Body shop guy examined and said bumper can be touched up...metal part has deep scratch and needs to be repainted..total cost would be rs4800. Insurance can be claimed in such case I need to bare 1000 from my pocket. Since its 3weeks old car...claiming insurance is advisable for scratches. Whether this can be repainted in any other body shop with less cost or DIY with compaint advisable

Today took my punto to car body shop in Bangalore..he quoted 3500 for TASS work...only for patch work he quoted rs2000

please advise on the same

attaching picture of scratches took from my mobile

image.jpg
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I would say not to go for insurance if the total amount is less than Rs. 5000. Since you are in Bangalore, try with Sai Colorium. They do good job.
    1 person likes this.
  3. cooltaurean

cooltaurean Amatore

Mumbai
    anyone in Mumbai for such kind of work. i have a small bump on the bonnet and a few scratches that i need to get rid of. i dont want to go to TASS for this. pls suggest.
  4. Racing_2012

Racing_2012 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ordered com-paint for exotica red....let me check whether scratches can be covered.
  5. Racing_2012

Racing_2012 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi friends today I applied com paint in my RED Punto....result was better for my level of work. One problem, Painted area is very rough..how to get the smooth finish....required your help on the same.
  6. @racing_2012

if the paint you sprayed is new!! wait for a couple fo days to let it dry completely from inside!
    then you can get rubbing done and then polish the car! then the roughness would go and waxing will help prevent further damage to the paintwork!

even outside paint wala's will touch up the part and ask you to come back after a week or so for this only!
    to allow the paint to dry and to polish up the irregularities :)
    1 person likes this.
  7. Racing_2012

Racing_2012 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks srikaratluri..I will wait few more days to get polish done
  8. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    @cooltaurean, i got some work done at a local garage on link road, borivili. They did a good job and the car was returned to me in a couple of days.
    1 person likes this.
  9. v_ram

v_ram

Bangalore
    No need to wait few days 24 hours is more than enough.
    If there is too much overspray.. just wet the sandpaper and smoothen out the rough edges.
    if its just rough use the paste along with compaint and rub using cotton waste and after a day wax the area for the shine.
    Please upload the pic after the paint..
    Hope this helps
    1 person likes this.
  10. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Racing_2012

Dude could you post some clear pictures after com-paint treatment?? I was also thinking to order com-paint for my BN White punto to fix a scratch on the back bumper. I just want to see the result of your car.

Thanks