1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Scratches and Dents in my 3 months old punto evo 1.3 Magnesio Grey

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by anmd04, Sep 23, 2015.

1. anmd04

anmd04 Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi,

I bought punto evo 1.3 Emotion July 26th 2015 after lot of analysis (Thanks to this forum which helped me in choosing this car), this month one of my relative took the car, made scratches and dents in rear bumper, front right side of bumper and left hand side door, those dents are looking ugly on my beauty. I am from chennai, I went to FASS and asked them about the possibility of repairing the dents, the person in the FASS told me the cut is deep and only possibility is replacing rear bumper which would cost around 20K (he is not sure, he said he has to ask guys in perungulathur). Here are the photos of my car & its scratches. Please help me in finding a body shop in chennai where I can remove these dents and scratches.

Thank You

Front bumper right hand side.jpg

Left side front door.jpg

rear Bumper and boot door damage.jpg

Rear Bumper.jpg
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @anmd04, do try to take wider shots, that is pictures from some distance say 3-4 feet so that we can ascertain the portion exactly which needs repairs. Depending on number of panels and bumpers involved the price could go high. If you have insurance which I think you must be having, please claim the same but get it done in FASC.
  3. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Hi did you try getting this done from a reliable workshop outside FASS?

Your hatch door need de-denting => Approx 2K
    New bumper cost (If you can't get it restored outside ) =>2.2K
    (check the prices at http://www.99rpm.com/fiat/bumper-rear-punto.html)
    Painting of the new bumper => 2.5 K

A Total of 7K (Approx).
    kishorekrs likes this.
  4. antony1405

antony1405 Novizio

Chennai
    @anmd04, Oh my god.. This is bad for three month old punto.. Looks like all these are deep scratches... Since this is a three months old car i would suggest to get this done in Fiat service center... Get a quote from insurance to see how much you will have spend from your pocket... You bought it from RDC or Ramkay?
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @limraj, why not FASC, just curious? IMO, he should ask FASC for a written quote, for which they will need to prepare a job card too. Further he can ask the number of panels involved and rates as per those stipulated by Fiat. Its a pretty transparent system now. Depending on the tier the dealer falls under the rate will vary. Tier A workshop of Fiat has max labour rates permissible as per their chart, but also I guess it demands higher level of tools or automation and depends on its location where it is situated.

Definitely he can take a break-up of labour and materials including demanding to know what will be repaired and what replaced.

He can ask the body shop manager to show the labour and panel rate chart.
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    FASS guy has already given approx 20K quote for changing bumper (as per his opening post). I assumed FASS advisor is also planning to change the hatch door (7K with all parts) when a de-denting would do the job. This is as per the pictures he posted.
    He can get that done in at least half the price.
  7. anmd04

anmd04 Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @asimpleson - I will take the pictures and will upload it.

@antony1405 - I bought it from Ramkay Fiat.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 23, 2015 ---
    @limraj - I haven't tried it outside, I don't know shops nearby, will check it.

BTW I went to FASC Perungudi and got a quote as shown below
    Rear Bumper - New 5000 Painting - 5500
    Hatch door - 5500 for fixing the dent
    Front side bumper damage - 5500
    Left side door - 5500

Total - 27000 + tax , with insurance he said I might have to pay 13000+(Right front door damage will not be covered under insurance)

Alternatively he suggested the below
    Leave the dent in the hatch door
    tinkering and painting half of rear bumper - 2500
    Front side damage (Repainting half of front bumper) - 3000
    Right front door - 5500
    Total - 11000 + tax (No insurance)

I am in little confusion, since I have to pay nearly same amount for both type of repair, which one to go. Though one with insurance and one without insurance.

Note:
    For second solution, he said the repair of rear bumper is not guaranteed
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  8. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    Don't go to FASS if you don't have a zero dep add on. They will dig a big hole in your pocket. And think about the NCB amount you will incur next year.
  9. anmd04

anmd04 Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Guys, sorry for the late reply, I gave the car in FASS day before yesterday. Here is the cost details
    Rear Bumper - 6500 (Replacement and painting)
    Hatch door - 5000
    Right hand side front bumper - 2500

They told I have to pay around 4500+taxes for the above rest will be covered in insurance.

Left side front door - 5000 + taxes.

I asked about seat cover, they told it is 8500 + 1000(Fitting charge), I felt it is too expensive. Could anyone suggest a shop in chennai where I can put a seat cover for punto evo at lesser price and with good quality.

Thanks everyone for replying!!