1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

scratches and dent. what to do?

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by drsakthinatraj, Apr 23, 2012.

1. ops

ops Amatore

Punto Abarth
    The painter is not sure whether he will be able to match the original colour. How often it is possible re paint to be unmatched to the original?
  2. Vivek Sahay

Vivek Sahay

Got my car from Pune today. For over 4 months in Pune the car was spotless - I drove 3000 KM in Pune and was able to maintain it without any scratch. Today, I brought it to Bangalore. As soon as I parked it in my parking due to my misjudgment it got brutally scratched on the left rear side (left rear passengers gate and above the tyre). A very minor dent but then brutally scratched.

Any idea where do I take it ? Its Oceanic Blue and am really very upset. Don't' even feel like eating today :(
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    Sorry to hear about your incident. But dont worry it can be set right! Which area you reside in Bangalore? Recently I got the dent removal and repaint job of boot door at Aadya motors Body shop (Opposite Lumbhini gardens) and was pretty satisfied with the work. Experts in forum can guide you with other references as well. If need be, can help you with contact numbers at Aadya
  4. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Hey Guys,

Today while coming to office a kid in a cycle coming on the opposite side fell on my rear right door and gave a minor dent to it :( Is there a way to fix it or should I just ignore it? There is no damage to the paint but he has given a dent which looks like a horizontal line.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  5. johy

johy Amatore

Too bad, but that is part and parcel of owning a car these days in our country. Ignore it I say. Once there are few more scratches, and there will be few in due time, then get all of touched up together.
    1 person likes this.
  6. swgaan

swgaan Amatore

Panvel, Maharashtra
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dude, i also had a same experience, but i am waiting to get it done, the small dent can be observed on right rear door panel, and some scratches as well. :sad1 and i feel like :punch those idiots who did this to my car, but the problem is i've not seen them doing it.. :firey
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  7. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Hi TFIns, Yesterday I got some minor dent in front bumper. Damaged by one tricycle guy. It’s a small dent, scratch with 1inch hole in it. so i am planning to do existing scratch removal and dent removal. Could anyone let me know good body shop for this work? Mine is Medium Gray color (In and around Pallikarani, Chennai. with landmark)
  8. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Hi team Any help from Chennai people?
  9. kvs1983

kvs1983 Timido

Alandur, Chennai
    This is the first post in TF. Created ID some time back but writing just now.
    I own a OB colour Punto Active variant purchased on July 2012. In the second week my cousing took the car and scracthed the entire right area (two doors and driver seat door handle is messed). I took it to VST but I didnt my RC book so not able to claim by that time so I skipped that.. I parked the vechicle in office some L board guy in parking scratched the entire right area (which includes front bumper near the side indicator and near fuel area). Almost the entire right area is gone and I could see the white enamel. I really frustated, I was using the car regularly so not able to give it to service till date. I went to Lifestyle and bought a nail polish with the same colour, and painted with that nail polish entire right side.. Now it's better you can't identify when you are away.. So it's much better. :) In Chennai scracthes happen very frequently and I now feel why I bought this colour, some where it will get little scracth everyday. So finally I planned to paint the entire car with new colour may be a year later.

I would suggest you to take it to RDC and then get a quote, ask them whether this can be covered in Insurance. If that's too costly then search for outside body shops. We aren't able to get this colour outside.
  10. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Bro PM me your contact details. I know a good painter around that area to help you out.