1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

scratches and dent. what to do?

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by drsakthinatraj, Apr 23, 2012.

1. PranavOne

PranavOne Amatore

Chennai
    I agree with you Relativity
  2. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Today got a scratch :-( about 2 inch horizontal....on the part just above the right Tyre....actually i think the paint has come off as it is white....someone must have brushed the car while parking or reversing.......OB if fast becoming hard to maintain...but still its the best color around....u lose some u win some :)
    1 person likes this.
  3. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    One unknown bugger..who saw dried up honey on my OB car roof (dried honey droplets happens everyday in my office parking)..thought..this is looking bad on this beautiful car...and has tried to remove it using some key or stone...and ended up scratching a small area on car roof....downside of being beautiful :)
  4. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Got another scratch today on the back right door from the silencer of a motorcycle in parking......
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i feel like the scratch problem is more seen on premium colors,ofcourse Metallica....
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Any Dark color is very difficult to maintain in Indian conditions..
    I bought a black (then the name 'Theblack') , I knew what i was getting into. But later i realized its a very tough job .
    But i like spending time with my dear so i guess it evens out.
    1 person likes this.
  7. ops

ops Amatore

Kathmandu
    Nepal
    Punto Abarth
    My linea (flamenco red) was also scratched over bonnet by stone by some kids. After doing polishing with rubbing compound it did not disappear.
    Couple of days back i noticed loss of paint about 3mm of size with exposed primer underneath. This circular loss of paint was also over bonnet but some distance away from the previous scrathces. What do experts of TFI thinks : do repainting or touch up only?

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------
    Last edited: May 24, 2012
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ops,
    Go for paint job.
  9. ops

ops Amatore

Kathmandu
    Nepal
    Punto Abarth
    Thanks. Will go for paint job
  10. Alec8100

Alec8100

Owning a car is one thing but maintaining it is a totally different ball game.Car scratches can be incredibly frustrating–tiny flaws are expensive to have fixed professionally, but it's also hard to ignore them.
    I also facing this problem.This information will be helpful for me...thanks everyone....