1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

scratches and dent. what to do?

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by drsakthinatraj, Apr 23, 2012.

1. drsakthinatraj

Hi guys, here are the scratches and dent near right door handle. what shall i do to rectify? IMAG1477.jpg IMAG1478.jpg IMAG1479.jpg IMAG1481.jpg IMAG1482.jpg IMAG1487.jpg
  2. Sir,how did this happen??
    In case you are trying to refine your driving skills in your punto i will suggest to wait for some more time and after that claim insurance and get the scratchres fixed by painting..
    i am unabe to judge the dent may be coz of the reflection...

Meanwhile you can get your car polished with a good wax which will help to lighten the scratches to some extent...
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  3. sungoa2010

small scratches can be removed by polishing. The one near the bottom of the door need more effort. Show it at TASS get a quotation. If there is any professional paint shop near your place consult them also. Coast at TASS will be costly compared to local garage. But in your case since the colour is OB it may be difficult to get the same colour with local garage. Other alternative option is to get the dent removed by a local garage and if com-paint has the same colour available go for it. If you are very much sensitive about the finish then TASS will be the better option.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Do this...
    Run you're fingers vertically starting just above the scratches and see...
    One of the 2 is what you will feel.
    1.) You will feel you're finger go in to the scratch and you will feel that the scratch is actually under the paint.
    2.) You will feel that the scratched surface is rather smooth( just that you've lost paint due to contact) and you wont have that pitted feeling in you're fingers.

if [2] is what you feel, take it to a good body shop near you're place and get it polished /waxed and it can be removed easily.
    if [1] is what you feel then there is a problem, no amount of waxing/polishing will do you any good except for another round of paint.

By the looks of it the scratch on you rear door panel looks like it can be removed easily( from what I can see). Just take it to a body shop and check..

NOTE:: under no circumstance agree to get a paint job done at the body shop if you dont trust him.. ( I had a bad experience with a well reputed fellow in bangalore and now I"m regretting not taking it to A.S.S)

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

Also dont buy any of those so called "Paint sealant pens", they are useless and do more harm than good to whatever good paint you have on you're car .( They are known to dilute the paint around the region of a scratch to fill in that gap, which is hopeless to even think of)
    2 people like this.
  5. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    OB is really hard to maintain ..i also have minor scratches but not that visible.
    1 person likes this.
  6. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Some kids had scratched under front right door..very badly in my OB punto....using a stone :( :(

I thought I'll get it removed at first service...but when I had been to Aadya...the SA put some wax on his own and removed most of it...even he could not see this beauty being bruised !!! (NOTE: I had never asked him to and he never charged for it)
  7. Ferrariscdr

Ferrariscdr Amatore

sir, if you are just learning to drive then these should not bother you. or if you live/drive in an area which has too much traffic then these things are normal. just be careful when you drive and wait for your first service there you can get it repaired.

for minor scratches you can use waxing and top cut which you can DIY.
  8. My 50 days old OB punto has scratches in the front and rear bumber. I have checked with Concorde for the painting charge and the person said for the front bumber alone will be 3000 rs +plus tax. Getting repainted out side shop is risky as this color will not be available with them.This color easily attracts all the dust and we need to be extra careful while washing.

I have used formula 1 scratch remover which didn't helped much to remove. Is there any better scratch remover
    1 person likes this.
  9. PranavOne

PranavOne Amatore

As Praveen said, OB seems very hard to maintain espicially while car is in sun its very hard to remove dirts using cloths yes dirt still stick with the car, my 33 days old punto had scracthes in sides :(
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  10. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

I have a few scratches and two dents on my 1.5 month old OB 90 HP. Initially, I was very worried and wanted each scratch to be touched up/painted. However, I now realize that given Chennai traffic and dust, it is bound to happen. I will get a proper denting and painting done during 1st service at TASS. In the meantime, I plan to visit the Bosch Car Care Center and see if they can just touch up the major ones to avoid corrosion and rusting.
    DIY and scratch removers/rubbing compounds only work for minor hairline scratches. Com paint does not have the OB shade yet.