1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

SCOOP!! - The JEEP's have cometh !!

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 10, 2013.

1. deba

deba Amatore

Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh
    itanagar
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It looked just like those used by American soldiers in WW-2 and Vietnam and as mentioned it was LHD. He had bought it second hand and used it for about 6-7yrs and then sold it. I think i'll have to google for the answer.
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  3. vaibhavc

vaibhavc Amatore

Goa
    Right way to go for fiat but they should also introduce few more models in the Punto-Line segment. Introducing Jepp would definitely boost Fiat image in India.
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Good to see Fiat expanding its range of offerings, it was always in on card and I see things showing up in Jun July, once the caffes are rolled out post March, Fiat needs customers to come into the Caffee's, with current sales track of Punto and Linea, none of the Dealer could break even. Thus it was for sure promissed to push in luxurious products with new Caffees. So i dont think it would be long wait for many.

What would be interesting to see is how FIAT plans to make a product mix. Like FIAT / Padmini the Jeep is also associated with local commuting taxi kind of vehicle or police vehicles of past. It doesnt enjoy the brand fancy like Rolls Royce or Maharaja's car or a rich mans car. Thus putting these products in the range of 20L+ segment will confuse the common junta, who looks at jeep more like something inferior to bolero. As for them its not a brand as such but its a type of vehicle, like we have sedan (long car), hatch back (small car), similarly SUV (Jeep type).

Compact SUV's are surely a big market. Anything between 5-8L with good packaging will get an instant market, Duster is an example to learn from. How many premium SUV's does one see on road?

Jeep Wrangler Rubicon ....
    2008-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-photo-198299-s-1280x782.jpg

jeep-rubicon-04.jpg

2009_jeep_wrangler_2_dr_rubicon-pic-6612.jpeg
    4 people like this.
  5. vprax_2244

vprax_2244 Timido

Chennai
    Really ravishing. Wonder if they would launch a wrangler below the 10L price range.?
  6. deba

deba Amatore

Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh
    itanagar
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The people who percieve the 'JEEP' as jeep (as many might do) wont be the ones who would be buying these fantastic machines. But yes a around Rs 10lakh JEEP offering may be helpful to give them the bulk numbers.
  7. amit2301

amit2301 Novizio

KOLKATA
    Kolkata
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I learnt my driving on a WILLYS Jeep left hand drive! Pure nostalgia!!
    2 people like this.

8. It is interesting to see how they managed to make room for three seats in the rear , here is the issue of wheel arch reducing the seating capacity in Thar,Picture courtesy Team BHP.
    976852d1346143102t-call-wild-mahindra-thar-crde-rear-seat-fixture.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2013
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I am not sure if people are clear about the fact that "SUV" was invented by JEEP. Yep, they are pioneers of real SUVs, Macho-ism & offroading! Though have to accept that they are not the best ones right now, Land Rover became the undisputed ruler of offroading lately, Thanks to their bankruptcy during 1998 & takeover by DAIMLER!!

I happened to see a Grand Cherokee 3-4 yrs back near American Embassy, it's mammoth of a vehicle & dominates the road, a raged bull but still very sophisticated!! The latest Cherokee is bigger & even more sinister looking with common chassis with Merc. ML350. Too good for INDIA with the base engine being a 3.6 Ltr V6, 292 BHP with 0-100 under 7 secs or an MJD-2 3ltr V6 with 260 odd HPs & loads of torque. Frankly i don't think it will find too many buyers with same offerings abroad. FIAT-Chrysler have to customize it eg. put a 2 ltr MJD-2 with 170 HP, bring down it's consumption & 0-100 to Indian's taste & fit into 25-35 lacs category. Same with Wrangler. One thing pls be assured off, they don't look like Mahindra or anyone else efforts that we see on roads. It's a completely new breed of vehicles that is yet to be seen by Indians & will grace our roads finally. You will realize it only when you see one in metal!
    2 people like this.
  10. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    IS this the Grand Cherokee ?

Saw this Jeep today Morning at WEH Kalanagar :)

2013-02-26-1635.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2013
    9 people like this.