1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

SCOOP!! - The JEEP's have cometh !!

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 10, 2013.

1. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    Echoing thoughts from most of you, I am optimistic about FIAT's forthcoming branding efforts. However, we should not expect FIAT only to do what Maruti-Suzuki/Hyundai do now. I would have also loved to see FIAT ruling the roads in terms of "number". We cannot expect Jeep or any other premium brands owned by FIAT group to do any bit for this goal. With all these launches, FIAT hopefully will get their branding better. Fiat can introduce more vehicles similar in lines of Punto/Linea in future - THEN, FIAT may do the same job as Maruti/Hyundai etc are doing now.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Today I got a chance to see these real SUVs on Nagar road. I left office at 5:30 PM and came to Nagar and SUVs were heading towards FIAT factory.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Kedar, don't tell you didn't click any pictures??
    1 person likes this.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Hay Ravi I was on bike and there was traffic on Nagar road, so didnt get chance to click photos. :-(
  5. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    I think brand image and after sales service is more important than anything in inadian market today. If you check Volvo cars are more value for money than BMW and Audi but look at the numbers, fiat should creat brand image for jeep in India.

The luxury car market is increasing day by day and affordable luxury like x1, q3, a/b class are getting popular. I ll not be surprised if sell chart will show x1- 1000 or q3- 1000; etc in 2015 or 2016. I think fiat is getting ready for this, as per their plan they are going to introduce India made suv in 2014.

So guys how ll you feel if you get jeep in 15 to 20.lacs?
  6. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

my colleague just now told me he saw a black JEEP at Tilak road, Pune (heart of the city) yesterday. According to him it looked like a fantastic looking imported vehicle! :)
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  7. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Guys fix a camera on your helmet/handle/car dashboard so that you can capture these beasts with oneclick shots..:evilsmile
    3 people like this.
  8. deba

deba Amatore

Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh
    itanagar
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have already started to save to have one of those iconic JEEP :dancing.
    1 person likes this.
  9. deba

deba Amatore

Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh
    itanagar
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is out of the topic, but i just wanted to know that long time back my dad owned one left hand drive vehicle which was called the Willys Jeep. Was the Willys really from the Jeep stable?? I may have some old photos but i'll have to search.
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    It's a topic fit for a Jeep historian but i think the GP vehicles came to be pronounced as jeeps over the years and later spawned the Jeep brand.