1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

SCOOP!! - The JEEP's have cometh !!

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 10, 2013.

1. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3

I think we are jumping the gun here. I mean, come on, the vehicles have J-U-S-T started testing in India! Early days. The launch is still 8-12 months away. That is a light years time in the automotive market. Things will change. I am pretty sure FIAT will take a decision based on the market conditions at the time of launch. Let us wait.

For me : it is a step in the right direction. More importantly : the intent and plans that were only HEARD in press conferences and during TFI's factory visit now can be SEEN in real. THAT for me is huge progress than anything else. Mr.Enrico had mentioned to me that he had to fight with FIAT head honchos to get quota of JEEP's allocated to India.

The conversation in this thread is on the lines of : Wife has just conceived and everybody else in the family has started planning for the child's education and marriage! :D
    7 people like this.
  2. Venkat Y

Venkat Y Novizio

Adding one more image from Autocar !!!
    3 people like this.
  3. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    Dear Amogh,
    At least we TFIians are not future-planers, otherwise we would have not been FIAT-fans/lovers.

About myself, one thing is sure that I live in the present and forget about the rest. I don't subscribe to any insurance-policy except my-GPF.

Enjoy Life, Fearlessly.
  4. macky

macky Amatore

Should Jeep sue mahindra or Mahindra sue Jeep!! what ever is the case!! how on earth will the Jeeps sell if they are so similar to Bolero!! Its good news for the Jeep fans though!!
  5. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    All three looks like real SUV's. People these days buy anything in the name of Compact SUV, would be interesting to see how Fiat segments these jewels.
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Ever Seen a G55\63 AMG?
    It looks similar to a Bolero to a common man but costs 1.3Crores.
    Purists will still go ahead Purchase these vehicles.
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Though FIAT has taken the right decisions, but my only concern is about its success because every tom dick and harry are entering indian market with lots of models and cars. So further delays to FIAT may not be good. I am againg wondering how GP and linea are doing after Caffees have come up.
  8. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

:clap :clap:clapWhat a saving grace!! Have no words! Really a good move by FIAT here.Hope to see them rule our roads soon with an affordable price tag :)

Nice scoop! :upTo the TFI member who clicked these pics.
  9. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Don't worry guys! Jeep has a very bright future in India. As Tfians-Fiat are inseparable, there is one dept. which can't be separated from 'JEEP'. THE INDIAN POLICE!!!!!. Their age old so called jeeps doing duty across the country are due for replacements. They may place a direct order for thousands of real JEEPS. :D
    If a person is looking for a real SUV then he has very less number of choices viz Jeep, Land Rover, Hummer n few models f merc, toyota, etc ...
    The customers for jeep are of different leagues who do research well before making a purchase of SUVs. They have money. They buy Suvs not just to show off. They have sound knowledge about SUVs, 4x4 etc... If someone in this bracket knows something about Land rover, Hummer then Its obvious that he will be well aware of the brand JEEP too. Hence Jeep in fiat showroom does not going to affect the sales of Jeep BUT JEEP in Fiat showroom WILL boost the sales of Fiat and also advertise people about the brand Fiat/Jeep. With mutual help both will improve their brand image and presence in India.
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Thats the hope every one has. Wish to see FIAT succeeds as well.
    1 person likes this.