1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

SCOOP!! - The JEEP's have cometh !!

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4

Yes I agree!! I know it will be independent...But by independent I meant tat factor which you just referred as “FIAT umbrellashould be avoided as well. (as much as possible considering current scenario)

The Fiat nexus (umbrella) will probably take some marketing sheen off.

I guess….. the Audi, Porsche, Bentley brands were sold in India long before the VW badge made its way to the market and people got a taste of the famed Polo engine sold in India:D

You Don’t want the sales people saying at the showroom-

“no sir we (chrysler) are not new here in India..we are in the market since long…. FIAT.. and Chrysler are same...Fiat shall be giving you all the service:hit” (saying as if…its just a new wine in a old bottle!)
    Things like these wont help the cause…. It should be sensitized at the grass root level when out in the market.

its similar to what the sales guy did at the TATA showroom linking Fiat to TATA manufacturing and stuff.(post FIAT-TATA JV)

and yes once the vehicle price tag is in the premium range the brand needs some snob value to sell! And whether we like it or not VW has managed that in India!!(through marketing/high pricing and stuff) so basically it shouldnt be problem even if hypothetically any other premium brand is under the VW umbrella!
    unfortunately the same thing cant be said about FIAT and it has NOT got such a standing till NOW in India. (barring we Tfi' ans:))

Remember its not what we think.. but its all about what the people in general think about FIAT visavis VW brand in India. (read brand perception amongst people in general)
    So it might spell bad news if that umbrella is publicly opened or showcased during initial phase of launch;) (hope i am proved wrong)

:)
  2. Chrysler doesn't exist in India yet and FIAT's brand image will not help to take it past Fortuner or Endevour.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4

I AGREE! read my 2 cents on this topic above!
    1 person likes this.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    I guess now is the time to be a bit more aggressive from FIAT and its subsidiaries because all their rivals are flodding market with tons more stuffs of their own. VW especially betting huge on indian market.
  5. It should not be like Chrysler damn expensive so be limited to window shopping or just test drives and few quters later branded as market duds as it happened to Punto recently in definitive forum.How FIAT-Chrysler dealers are going to make money on these products?

Pricing and market positioning is going to be major challenge here, if this just effort by FIAT to improve from current band image,it is a good move,but still dealers still need a product that sells like duster atleast if not Alto or Swift.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Guys,

Where is our optimism. When did we allow us to be held hostage by such cynical attitudes.

The Jeep brand has not even been officially launched and yet here we are already talking of how the brand will suffer due to it's linkage with FIAT. I use the word WE because whatever gets posted on TFI is our collective viewpoint. We rise together and fall together.

It was pretty disheartening to read the above posts.

I for one am eagerly awaiting to see Jeep's progress in the Indian market. Like i always say - I am and will be optimistic till proven otherwise.

Cheers.
    9 people like this.
  7. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Jeep_WranglerUnlimited.jpg
    :dancingWhat ever people say or think, I'll once again be "Blind" to book the 4x4 Wrangler-segment(if Wrangler-UnLimited is available) for my whole family to reach to >8000ft altitudes to see the real snow leopards climb on the bonet and get you guys to see some amazing pictures.

SEE YOU...!
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
    11 people like this.
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    What i can say.. i can only pray God give me enough to have one in my life time.. :)

index.jpg
    8 people like this.
  9. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    what will be the price tag for Wrangler-UnLimited? if it will be in range of 25 to 30 then only it ll give competition to fortuner etc. But this hulk is amazing guys.
    wrangler.jpg
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
    3 people like this.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Lets not compare Jeep to fortuner, leave that topic aside.
    Lets keep out focus only on Jeep.

Above 2 pictures clearly shows, these are real SUVs.