1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

SCOOP!! - The JEEP's have cometh !!

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 10, 2013.

1. cassini

cassini Novizio

Bangalore
    Germany
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Good looking car! But C-SUV was supposed to be a 7-seater right?
  2. avi_loveindia

avi_loveindia Amatore

FiatLand
    Grande Punto 1.2
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Not really. JEEP will return to a 7-seat suv first only in China, with a long-wheelbase version of the Cherokee (locally made there), in 2017 i believe. The next-gen Grand Cherokee for 2018/19 will also stay a 5-seater, it is only the all-new extra-large Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer that'll be 7-seaters. But they will be Range Rover competitors, pretty much. And likely share platforms with either the Maserati Levante, or the upcoming Alfa Romeo d- and e-cuv.

The FIAT and/or Chrysler-branded sibling of this JEEP c-suv (i.e., replacement for the Freemont/Dodge Journey) will presumably be 7-seater, though, but that Europe+Namerica+China model is unlikely to be offered or made-in in Brazil, let alone in India (earliest by: 2018/19.)

As far as i can make out of their global cadence of products, markets etc: India will remain a rhd susw(4x4) models export-base, plus the earlier Palio/Punto platform (if there are to be any, anymore). i.e., c-suv and/or Renegade and/or a 4m renegade-like b-suv based on a brazilian 'new Punto'. Perhaps a 500X and/or 500L (most unlikely, imo)? Nothing larger.

What they will very likely do though is set up a merely-ckd line for re-exports to Japan, Australia etc: of the new 2018 Wrangler family of models. And/or of the Cherokee (to be facelifted heavily in 2017 for the usa, europe and of course china, where it sells at the rate of 7-9k a month on average.)
    cassini likes this.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    mcam0726.jpg

mcam9868.jpg

mcam0448.jpg

mcam9875.jpg

mcam9808.jpg

Jeep-Compass-2017-1024-01.jpg

http://revistaautoesporte.globo.com...al-novo-jeep-compass-e-lancado-no-brasil.html

Jeep-Compass-2017-800-03.jpg

Jeep-Compass-2017-800-02.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 27, 2016, Original Post Date: Sep 27, 2016 ---
    The new JEEP c-suv aka Compass has just been launched in Brazil. China starts building them in december, mexico (for the usa and europe) in January, largely with Brazilian-made components at the bleeding-edge Pernambuco wcm-gold plant, which also biulds the Toro and the Renegade.

Indian-built and avalalble Compasses will be by mid-2017 or so (rhd exports, as well, largely to australia, japan, the uk and parts of se asia.)

They are offering it with juicy pricing for some trims and some lower powertrains, while the creamy prices will be for the Trailhawk 4x4 low Diesel 2 litre models and the luxed-up Summit, in Brazil.

Lots of additional images here:

http://www.noticiasautomotivas.com....ro-versoes-e-com-precos-a-partir-de-r-99-990/
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 27, 2016 ---
  5. SwifttoPunto

SwifttoPunto Novizio

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Both interior and exterior really looks good. If they price it well (starting at 17-18 lacs) it should surely succeed.
    revvingengines likes this.
  6. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Beautiful model - now the FCA team should keep their ego in check and for once use their brains instead of balls when they decide on the pricing for India.

Maybe in 2018 or 2019 one for me :p
    rusticnomad and avi_loveindia like this.
  7. avi_loveindia

avi_loveindia Amatore

FiatLand
    Grande Punto 1.2
    70% more stiiffened chassis , Collision Detection and Paddle Shifters , and Fully loaded with other goodies ,this is not coming less than 25lkh here ..Anyway this is again one of many (Ottimo,Vaiggio,Egea,Tipo,Panda)that we believe FCA is able to make but the doubt remains whether we getting it in right value in right time
  8. SwifttoPunto

SwifttoPunto Novizio

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Without going into too much details, looking at the Brazil pricing they should be easily able to price it in the range of 15-17 lacs if it is localised. If they can't launch with a reasonable price range we know what will be the future. Above 20 lacs people will have lot options.
  9. SVN

SVN Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Got an info that compass will be launched in India by Jan 2017. They are going to start renovation of Fiat cafe, Bangalore by next week. It comes with 2litre mjd2
    revvingengines and Krunal Bhatt like this.
  10. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    I will say this once again.
    This car has to b3 priced between 12-17 lacs and with decent dealerships (quality & quantity ~100 by end 2017) this car would easily achieve 4000-5000 units a month.

1. sized right between ecosport and duster.
    2. bigger boot than ecosport but lesser than duster.
    3. A lot of people like me would prefer this over the XUV 500. Better off road capability, compact and exclusivity + brand image.
    4. launch it with 4 to 5 features more than ecosport that's all we need. For example, India does not need a panaromic sunroof. Normal one would do. Similarly add 4-5 features more.
    5. Launch the trail rated version at a premium price like 20L - 22L for the enthusiast!!

This is a perfect upgrade from a car like Punto if priced right.

Launch it at 21-25 and I don't think it will sell a lot.
    Raj_pol and prabhjot like this.